Maternity Clothes with Second Pregnancy

I'm just curious, how soon into your second or third pregnancy did you have to start wearing maternity pants? I'm only four weeks pregnant with my second pregnancy, and I already can't wear one pair of pants. It's only a matter of a week or two before I can't wear the others. I did have twins the first time, so I was definitely bigger with my first pregnancy than most. I'd just like to know how soon you had to switch over.

Thanks girls! I feel so much better. I thought I was being silly, but now at five weeks I have started wearing maternity pants and I am so much more comfortable now!

I did about 2 months into my 3rd pregnancy. I am carrying super low so I think that is why I had to do the switch. It was just sooo much more comfortable than trying to squeez into my reg clothes. Baby # 2 tho, I didn't really need to until about month 5. So, each pregnancy is different. Baby # 1 I think I did at 4 months and I think I only did that b/c I was excited to be pregnant, hahaha.

Good luck and congrats!

I definitely had to wear my maternity pants sooner with my 2nd pregnancy. I started wearing them around 3 1/2 months. My waste got thicker much faster than with my 1st.

Good luck and congrats!

I switched at about 14 weeks with my 2nd...I am currently prego with #3 and think it will be around the same time with #3. It was 5 months with me for #1. All singletons. BUT people recommended to me that I buy a pair or two of pants and a skirt 2 sizes bigger than my normal size with my second because HONESTLY you stretch your maternity stuff out the first time and then they don't stay up at the beginning when you need them the next time around. I found that VERY helpful- just bought some inexpensive dress pants and a skirt for work. It also helped when I had to go back to work and my tummy was still puffy after giving birth :) Didn't have to wear maternity clothes but not in my skinny dress clothes yet with no give!

I recommend buying the few pairs of 2 sizes bigger pants and a few Bella Bands and wearing a twisty around your buttons and buttonholes and covering with the Bella Bands- they are a life saver!

I will tell you back in the late 70s and early 80s when my mom had me and my sister, for her second pregnancy, she was in maternity clothes by the 2nd month :) Of course back then clothes had ZERO give (no lycra, no stretch- ha!).

Best of luck!

I switched over on my second pregnancy pretty fast, I think by the end of the first month I had some of them out. They were just more comfy because of bloating. Most likely your issue right now is bloating, not that you're already showing. I'm just now at about 20ish weeks getting into the full panel pants and actually needing them.

almost right away! Plus all my babies are high so i have this high poof just below my chest that the minute I get pregnant pops right out...so frustrating! But Congrats!!! The one heads up is that after you have the baby when your uterus contracts back it hurts more and more after each pregnancy. My third one was painful! But well worth it!

Uh yeah maternity pants at 5 weeks with pregnancy #2! I was pissed at first! But then I said the hell with it, these pants are WAY more comfortable.

You're fine - wear what's comfortable, eat well, take your prenatals, exercise, drink lots of water, and don't worry about it. :) Congrats!

Right away! I eat constantly the first three + months, because it helps to settle my stomach. By the time I get into the 4th month and start feeling better, I'm a moose! I never had a belly band that some have mentioned, and that sounds like a great idea. The longer you can use your regular clothes the better, as long as they're comfortable. 9 months is a LOONG time to be in the same maternity clothes. CONGRATS!!!!

It's up to you when you switch. My philosophy is to be comfortable! Remember that unless you have really been working out, the muscles in your abdomen are stretched out and looser than they were with your first pregnancy, so you will feel bigger sooner. You may not have lost all the extra weight from your first time. I was not very good at working out and eating properly, myself. Also, I agree with the possibility of bloating. I've been told that drinking water with lemon juice helps that, although it may just be drinking more water that helps! Congratulations!

i found out i was pregnant and now at 4 months i look like i did when i delivered my daughter....fun times

1 / 3