Thawing Zucchini for Recipe Use

I shredded and froze zucchini in 3 cup bags to use in recipes. When I thaw it, all of the moisture comes out of it. I would like to use it in zucchini bread and zucchini pancakes but do I use all of the liquid too? It seems like it would make it too soggy, but it would have been the same amount of moisture if it had been fresh, right?
Thanks,
G.

when I unfreeze mine and use for bread I just dump it in - it works great - and actually the bread isn't as dry.

I started using my frozen zucchini - I followed others' advice to drain and dab with towels - 3cups turned into 1 cup and the bread was soooo dry. I'm dumping it all in next time!

I would think you would need to put it in a strainer and a paper towel if the holes in the strainer are as big as the pieces of zucchini, stick it in the fridge for a few hours, all that extra liquid will screw up recipes. Lucky you for having so much zucchini! Food Network has about a zillion ideas what to do with ALL that zucchini from your garden!

For floury baked goods and definitely for pancakes, I would drain the liquid. If you are using it in a savory dish with meat, or a soup, keep it in. Enjoy!

We freeze zucchini all the time to use in recipes. You must remove all of the excess moisture by ringing it out and then patting it with a paper towel.

1 / 3