Storyland and Hotels

I'm starting to plan my vacation for this summer. We're going back to Storyland this year with my son who will be 4.5 and daughter will be 1.5 years old. I would like recommendations o where to stay and other things to do while there.
We stayed at a hotel last time with a pool and the room had a refriderator in it. We weren't crazy about the place and would like something bigger this time because the kids will need to be in a seperate area to sleep.

I had a lot of responses and checked out a few hotels. Some where a little pricey or just not what I was looking for. I decided to rent a place-it's a smal lcondo but think it will be great for us.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Now i'm going to start researching more things to do in the area.

Have fun! We stayed at the Storybook Inn- It was shabby and small so I would not suggest it. We typically spend time in North Conway the first day (playground, train rides) and then head to the park in the afternoon until closing. You pay full price for the short day but you get free admission the next day.

We stayed at Woodwards Resort last year. My son liked it so much (now 5) that he still remembers the name of the place when we don't. You can get connecting rooms

We go up there almost every year and stay in a rented place with our in laws. We have been a few times on our own as well though and our favorite place to stay is New England Inn (www.newenglandinn.com). It is a bed and breakfast that also has individual "cabins" on the property. Cabins is misleading though -- they are nicer than that! We stayed 10 years ago on our honeymoon in a great little log cabin. We stayed a couple years ago with our toddler to go to Storyland and stayed in one of the family cottages. It was great. It was two rooms -- one room had a tv and sitting area and two twin beds. The other was the master bedroom. It was not much more than a regular hotel room for the night (I think around $175). It included a full breakfast for all of us at the bed and breakfast. The breakfast was more than enough to keep the kids going until lunch at Storyland. Kids eat free at the restaurant on premise for dinner as well. They have an indoor pool which is great. It is about 5 minutes from Storyland in Intervale on the resort loop.

As for other things to do -- there is a cute little children's museum in North Conway for a couple hours time, one of our favorite spots is Diana's Bath which is a short hike to a great little rocky river area you can climb and play in which is off West Side Road, we always do the short hike to cathedral Ledge as well. Depending on how much you want to drive, you can head north and go across 302 and do Santa's Village or you can head south and go across 112 to Clark's Trading Post.

Feel free to email me privately if you want more info.

We have stayed at Nordic Village for the last eight years. They have both indoor and outdoor pools. The units have kitchens. There is nightly entertainment for children like clowns or magicians and a nightly bonfire. It is located about a mile from Storyland. We also love to go to breakfast at Glenn Junction. There is a train that goes around the ceiling. For activities, we usually take a day trip to Santa's Village or Clark's Trading Post.

When my family and I go to New Hampshire we usually stay in N. Conway and rent a townhouse that has a swimming pool. I like staying in a house better than a hotel room because each child gets a room, there is usually more than one bathroom and when the kids go to bed the parents don't have to tip toe around a small hotel room. Places I have rented come with kitchens stocked with essentials so you can have breakfast, prepare lunches to take with you and often they have gas grills to cook on for dinners. I recommend using www.cyberrentals.com to find a place. While in that area we love Santa's Village; make sure your son gets the alphabet card so he can find all the alphabet elves around the park. There is also Clark’s Trading Post. I haven’t been for a while but it was fun from what I remember. If you like going for walks there are great trails at Diana's Bath or you could take a drive to the top of Cathedral Ledge. If it is warm enough for swimming you can swim at Echo Lake or at Attitash Mountain they have water slides and a kiddy water play area. There is also a scenic train that leaves from N. Conway center. There are great shops and restaurants in N. Conway. Also in N. Conway center is the Mt. Washington Weather Museum. It is a neat place to see, it’s small so kids will enjoy it, they have hands on activities and the best part it’s free. I'd also recommend driving to the top of Mt. Washington, it is a beautiful view. I hope this helps. Have fun!

I used to go to Nordic Village a couple of times a year and loved it! They have a variety of condos available to rent and were fairly reasonable and always offered a stay 3 or 4 night deal. It's great for kids too as they have a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, basketball court, little row boats, etc. Check it out - you won't be disappointed. I miss that place now that I'm thinking about it. Have fun!

Hi P.,
I grew up going to North Conway as a kid and now take my 2 kids there too. As a kid we always stayed at Foxridge. It has alot of kid friendly things to do. Now we stay at The Seasons at Attatch. It is a condo/townhouse. The one we stay in is a 2 bedroom, full kitchen (includes all you need, just bring food) 2 full bathrooms (one in the master) a living room and table for 6! They also have a indoor pool, gameroom, and playground. I highly recommend it. It always has been VERY clean. Also only about 5 min from storyland too. Hope this helps.

I love that area, I wish we had the money to take a trip there ourselves this year. :D

There is a great little place right down the road from Storyland called A Better Life Cabins and Campgrounds. You can rent a little cabin with two bedrooms (one for you and one for the kids). The cabins are different sizes and book pretty quickly, so if you want a two bedroom and a kitchen, get right on the website and book early. The bathrooms are tiny, but you can't beat the price (rent a whole cabin for less than the price of most hotel rooms), and the owners are lovely people. It's been a few years since my husband and I were there last, but we have fond memories.

Here's the website: http://www.abetterlifecabinsandcampground.com/

Hope that helps! Have fun!

Hi P.,
My sister and I took our families to Story Land and Santa's Village in NH almost every summer for the last 6 years or so. We always stay at the Four Seasons Motor Inn in Twin Mountain NH. It is always clean, clean, clean (extremly important for my sister and I) and there's a pool and small playground. The prices are extremely resonalble and it's very family friendly. But it's definately a motel, nothing fancy if that's what you're used to. The back yard has plenty of space to run around.
We enjoy it, hope that helps!
E.:-)
http://www.4seasonsmotorinn.com/

1 / 3