Sleepsack or Blankets for 20 Month Old?

My daughter is 20 months old, and still goes to sleep using a sleepsack. She is a very good sleeper. I have noticed that the sleepsacks are getting a little short on her. Before i go out and buy the next size up, I would like to know from other moms if they use the sleepsacks at this age, or if they have transitioned to bedding. She still sleeps in her crib, but I have been debating about whether or not to get her some toddler sheets.

Personally i stopped using the sleep sacks when my daughter could crawl/walk. They are too easy to trip on, what about those jammies with the feet on them? Just as warm and more age appropriate. As for the blanket, at twenty months if they want it back they can pull it up on themselves. It may not cover them completely teh first couple times and you may have to help, but they'll get it.

its really a personal choice, My kids only used sleep sacks during the first year with a blanket at night,

If you keep your heat on the low side during the nights, it might be a better way to go,

But since its the summer, I would go with a blanket and wait til winter for the sleep sack.

M

i still use sleepsack. I think it is the best invention. My daughter is 8 months old and she can NOT sleep w/ a blanket. But, now it is getting so hot I don't even put it on her. I just put long sleeves and long pants on her and she is fine. I get them at babies r us. Good Luck
I am a stay at home mom too in East Meadow I have a sweet 8 month old :) B. g.

I say blanket. I always got rid of the sleep sacks around the time my babies could stand or walk. Summer is a good time to move to blankets since if they do come off she won't be uncomfortably cold. My now 2 year old has learned how to cover himself with blankets long before his 2nd bday, so your daughter will learn how to do that too.

A.

My son is 18 months. He's been sleeping with a blanket for a few mos now. I keep a few in his crib and he loves pulling them up on him. In the morning, he plays "find me" in the blankets...

My daughter grew out of her sleep sack a few months ago so I started using a knitted blanket that she got for a gift. It made me feel comfortable since it had holes in it and she was nice and warm.

I actually MADE new sleepsacks around 18 months, as I was tired of shelling out $40 (for 2) each time she needed a new size. Soon after, of course, she started sleeping in her own bed, with regular sheets and blankets and no wiggling! So, the first question to ask yourself is, how wiggly is she? Do you think she'll kick off her sheets? Maybe you could try footie PJs with a flannel sheet and a thin blanket, losing the layers as we move into summer. Or maybe a kid-size fleece "sleeping bag" - LLBean makes them for camping, and other stores market versions for hotel travelers. Or maybe you could test-drive the sheets at naptime before deciding on a nighttime solution. Good luck!

My daughter slept in a Halo toddler sleep sack all winter (it has foot holes so she could walk in it). We kept our house cold at night and she wouldn't keep a blanket on. I plan to use them next winter, too!

1 / 3