Seeking Fitness Center with Child Care...not Gold's Gym!

I am looking for a fitness center that has child care or that I can take my son with me to and it can't be Gold's Gym!! I am in Norfolk and want something closer than Gold's...it is over 25 miles away! I am on a tight budget too since I do not work and would LOVE if maybe us military wives could talk the navy gym into setting up a day care inside! Like a pay per hour service or something of the sorts!

I think I have decided to make the drive to Langley. It is only 30 minutes and I have all this free time and it is free! There is no age limit which is really nice and I can go anytime between 5am and 11pm...PERFECT! Thanks everyone for the responses!

Bally's has a daycare, child must be walking. Great gym, there is one on Virginia Beach Blvd. Good luck to you.

Hello R.,
I see your trying to find a gym to workout with your kids. I know alot of other Mom's are talking about fitnes clubs that you have to pay for. Langley Airforce Base has a Mom's room in the gym that you can workout in with a playcenter for the kids right in the room. I believe the age limit is up to 7 years old (No exactly sure). I know it may be a little longer of a drive but it's free membership(even if your husband is not Airforce, any dependent can go there)and your kids are are with you at all times playing. I hope you found this info useful :-)

I go to Womens Fitness Center on Little Creek. You have to sign a contract (most do now I guess) and there is a sign up fee. But once you get through this - the monthly for me is 27 dollars (I don't know if the cost has gone up) and there is a day care in the facility that you can use for a VERY reasonable cost. The day care does have set hours, but again - they are pretty reasonable.

Hey R.!

I'm not sure where your located in Norfolk, but I go to Bally's and they have child care. I go to the one at Greenbrier. They also have another one at Loehman's Plaza in VA Beach. If you want more information let me know and I'll hook you up.

There is a Women's Workout & Fitness on E. Little Creek Road, but I'm not sure if they have childcare or not. I belong to Curves, which does NOT have childcare....

R.

I am a member of womens workout and fitness center on little creek rd in Norfolk. It is great, really friendly and good child care, but you have to sign up for 2 years at a time. it is a big commitment but the rates are reasonable. when my husband was deployed going to the gym kept me sane, it was totally worth it. now that i am working again i dont have time to go but hopefully i will get back in to it. if you want more info about it just let me know. I can tell you who to call all the women there are great.
good luck

Hi R.! I have a membership to ballys also. It does have a daycare. But your children cant be in daycare for more than 2 hours per day. Its not a problem for me since 2 hours is more than enough! I do tae-bo at home too. (8 minute) its a workout!!! haha but ballys is good. If you ever wanna check it out let me know, id be glad to pick ya up!~~N.

What about the YMCA? I know they have childcare, I'm just not sure how much they cost.

1 / 3