Seeking a Great Nursey/preschool in the San Fernando Valley

My daughter is two will be 3 in Nov. She is currently being cared for by my mother. I have recently had a lot of pressure to put her in "school" so she can socialize. I agree with the interaction. But I have been searching for schools, most have a long waiting list. I would like something initally part time then transition to longer hours.

My son has been attending Kirk of the Valley since he was 18 months old. They have a great Tot center, and then he transitioned to preschool. It has been around for over 40 years and is a great school. My son loves it and always asks to stay later so he can play. It is in Reseda, on Vanowen just east of Corbin Ave.

I am not sure what part of the valley you are at, but my daughter went to a preschool in Chatsworth called Canyon Vista Learning Center and she loved it. They have a part time and they have full time. I totally agree that your daughter needs to be around other kids at 3 yrs old. They need it. My daughter is now 6 and she is very sociable. I love it! Good luck!

OUR REDEEMER LUTHERAN PRESCHOOL & KINDERGARTEN
8520 Winnetka Ave., Winnetka, Ca. 91306
###-###-####

Our Redeemer provides a Christian education in a caring environment. Our classes are academically advanced and offer many creative experiences. Special events are planned throughout the year. Small classes allow for individualized instruction and care to each of our students. We have a variety of programs, including full-day (7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.), flex hours (9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.), and half-day (9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) programs. Call to arrange a tour of our beautiful campus and learn more about our programs. Space is limited so enroll now for the 2012 Fall Program!

www.our-redeemerschool.org

Centers of Learning, located in North Hills, is a FABULOUS preschool! My daughter, who just turned 4, is enrolled there and loves it! It is a private school that is preschool through 12th grade, so if you love it for preschool and pre-k, you have the option to keep her there for the rest of her schooling if you choose. My son, who is now 7 and my oldest daughter, now 9 also go to school there and started when they were in preschool. I am very happy with the school. I am pretty sure there is no waiting list. I do not think they offer a 2 or 3 day schedule, however, I think only a Monday-Friday option. You do have the option of half-day or full-day, however. If you want to stop by for a free tour, call and ask for an appt. with the preschool director (who is also the kindergarten teacher) Mrs. Margo. The number is ###-###-####. The rates are affordable, compared to other preschools, which can be very pricey! Good luck!

My daughter went to Kirk of the Valley Preschool (Pre-K - 5) in Reseda and we loved it. More info at http://www.privateschoolreview.com/school_ov/school_id/2598
Even though there it is next to the Presbyterian Church, the school is not religious-based.

There's also Bright Horizons in Northridge, which is great.
http://brighthorizons.com/
Our daughter was 3 1/2 when she went to Bright Horizons and loved it.
When she turned 4, we took her to Kirk of the Valley.

I've heard great things about Pinecrest in Granada Hills/Northridge. Also, Magic Years in Reseda.

Pinecrest White Oak is great. My son started at 2 1/2 yr and is now in Kindergarten. You should check it out.

His Little Lambs Preschool
Newhall CA ###-###-####
12- 15 mins. from San Fernando Valley
Excellent care, nurturing and loving

1 / 3