Sams Vs. Costco

Alright ladies, which one's better - Sam's or Costco, and why? Also, I know Sam's has some kind of membership discount for teachers - does Costco do the same?

Costco is 10 times better. I got rid of my Sam's club membership even though they are much closer and I now drive 30 min one way to go to Costco because of the quality, selection and organic items. They seem cleaner and more green conscience. I try not to support the Walmart/Walton family and what they stand for as long as I can afford to. Plus my relatives work for Costco corporate in Washington and have been treated well over the years.

Here's a couple of online articles on Sam's vs Costco.

http://money.aol.com/consreports/smartshopping/home_garde...

http://household-tips.thefuntimesguide.com/2007/01/sams_v...

Personally, I LOVE Costco's. The store is clean, the quality of the items sold is outstanding. I love their store brand Kirkland. There are no hassles when it comes to returns. What makes me go back time after time is their incredible customer service. They really focus on making us, the customer, feel like priority. Plus, they have amazing samples :) I don't know if they have a teacher discount. Oh, and almost every month they send out a coupon book that you can use to save even more.

I have been to both many times, the prices tend to be better at SAM'S for most things. Overall they are very similar. I however like SAM'S versus Costco, reason was I have encountered much better and friendlier service at SAM'S then at Costco.

I prefer Costco because of the larger selection of organic and "healthy" foods.

COSTCO. Costco offers better products all around and has some great deals on toys, etc during the holidays. They have a good return policy. They have excellent produce and meat that appear to have a longer shelf life. I don't think that Sam's offers much more than Walmart does and last year I was finding better prices at Target and Walmart. I actually have a membership to both for business reasons and because Sam's is much closer. But, every year I buy much more at Costco. Also, if you need baby wipes, theirs are the best ever!

I think Costco has better food.

I am a member of both clubs. Even though Sam's is closer to me I find myself driving to Costco much more often. I feel like things are a little higher quality at Costco and I always feel like I get out of there much faster, even on days when they are really busy. The best part about Costco is their satisfaction guarantee. If you are not happy with your purchase, they refund your money (this guarantee made me feel better about trying their generic brand diapers - which we LOVE). Next year, I will most likely give up the Sam's membership.

1 / 3