Sam's Club or Costco ???

my friend took me to Sam's club this weekend and I liked a lot of their stuff....

So I went over to Costco and checked out their stuff and they also had quite a bit I could use....

Now I'm wondering which of them would be worth the membership fee....

Where do you shop and how often do you shop there ???

Thanks in advance !!!!!!!

I REFUSE to shop at Sam's Club. I have a boycott of Walmart and they own Sam's Club. I really like Costco and if it wasn't for the fact that I have no where to put bulk products, I'd have renewed my membership.

Don't get me wrong, they sell some good stuff, I can't fault the product, but I don't like the people that work there (as a rule) and I don't like how the company treats their employees. Every time I've ever left the Sam's Club near me or the Walmart near me (before my boycott), I would feel like I needed a shower because I felt dirty. I had to read a book for a sociology class a few semesters ago and a woman went under cover at various stores in various cities and states, and one of the places she worked was in the women's clothing department at a Walmart store and she was warned that if she complained about store practices and safety issues, she'd be fired. The last time I was at Sam's Club, an employee knocked over something from the shelf, it broke and instead of getting something to clean it up, he just walked away. When I walked past the aisle twenty minutes later on my way out, the mess was still there, where as when I go to costco, there is never a shortage of employees working the floor and spills are cleaned up right away.

I actually had both for a while but finally gave up Sams.
For the things I buy, I prefer Costco. I bet I'm there on average once a month, sometimes more and sometimes less.

I am a bargain hunter. My mom was brought up during the 1st Depression (not this one) and she learned to pinch a penny until Lincoln begged for mercy. She taught me.

I had to buy things for a church dinner and shopped all of the local grocery stores and compared prices, including those at Sams and Costco. (I actually wrote them down so I would remember every detail.) I looked for 9 items at Costco and Sams. Sams was cheaper on 7 of the 9 items. Costco was cheaper on one item and they tied on one item.

People say Costco quality is better or Sam's quality is better, but they can't tell the difference in blind taste tests. If you can't tell the difference, WHY pay the difference? I've heard people brag that one store's gas is better than the others gas. I don't believe it.

Sams base membership is $35 per year. Costco's is $50 per year. The only credit card Costco accepts is American Express. Sams accepts Visa and Discover.

BTW, when I went to actually buy the items for our church dinner, I didn't use Sams or Costco for any item. Everything was cheaper at other grocery stores because everything I needed happened to be on sale. If you shop the sales, you won't buy at either Sams or Costco. If you don't shop the sales, join Sam's. (Example: Some store here has chicken breasts on sale for $.99 lb. At Sams they are $1.29 lb. That's 30% more than a common grocery store without a membership fee.)

Good luck to you and yours.

Costco!!! Have tried both, there's no comparison!

Whichever is closest to you and that you would go to more.

For me, I don't like driving long distances just to go grocery shopping.

I use Costco.

I go to BJ's and LOVE it there because you can use coupons!! So, I find them cheaper then Sam's just because of that! Not sure if BJ's is an option for you or not...

Costco over Sam's, but BJ's is my favorite. Living in different places, we have been members of all three. The main thing I didn't like about Sam was the quantity, everything came in huge containers. BJ's and Costco tended to have smaller containers and each item included two to three of the smaller ones, which I liked better. I think go with whichever one fits your needs the best.

Costco hands down. There is no comparison.

1 / 3