Pregnant and Bad Breath???

Ok ladies, Something strange is going on here! I a m 9 weeks pregnant and it seems like since the beginning of the pregnancy i have had bad breath and it seems to be getting worse and for the life of me i cant find out why. I brush my teeth 2 to 3 times a day like i always have and have never experienced this before. Have any of you experienced this?

I don't know if I had bad breath, exactly, but for months I had a terrible taste in my mouth that wouldn't go away! Brushing my teeth wouldn't help. I can't remember if I ever found anything that helped, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone with weird symptoms!

When I was expecting my dentist told me it's common for pregnant women to have bad breath. The surge of hormones seems to help the bacteria in the mouth grow faster, and heartburn issues seem to make things worse. I was told just to brush and floss as often as I felt like it. Breath mints might help.

You could have a cavity, that causes bad breath. Try some listerine after brushing and keep some spray with you and use it throughout the day but make sure there is no gum disease or cavity. It could be pregnancy but mine did not smell when I was pregnant.

its from the heartburn it should calm down some futher long u get:) just buy lots of gum use lots of mouth wash and maybe brush ur teeth a little more often like right when u wake up after lunch dinner before bed....it helped me get threw it i had it with both pregancys i know it sucks but it will go away:)good luck...

I had horrible raunchy morning breath like never before during my first trimester...but it didn't last long and soon went away. I havent had it since though, and Im in my third.

Maybe it is your pre-natal vitamins? They can make you burp up stinky smells!

A friend of mine had that with both of her pregnancies. The first was not too bad. The second was horrible and she would get so embarrassed. Her heartburn was also worse with the second so she figured it had to do with that. The doc assured her it was not a problem, but she defintely thought so. The good thing is that it went away about a week after her son was born. She always made sure she carried strong gum to try to at least cover up. She also cut coffee to try to avoid the strong smell on her breath.

Have you tried Mint Asure? They are great and available at Walgreens. You suck on the minty part until it is gone, then you swallow the little capsule inside that has parsley seed oil that is in internal breath freshener.

1 / 3