Party Dress for 1 Year Old

We have been invited to an "upscale" party, and my 1 yr old needs a "fancier, traditional" style dress (cap sleeves, a-line/fluffy bottom - think Shirley Temple). The only store I know that sells the type I am looking for is Jack and Janie. I would appreciate any suggestions/ideas for a specialty store? I would like to have some options. I am expecting the dress to be expensive ($30-$80), but it's Grandma's party, so Grandma is buying. :0)
Thanks for your help :0)

WOW! Thank you so much for all your suggestions! We live in Buffalo Grove (I am very familiar with both Hawthorne Mall and The Glen), and we are actually going to visit a friend who lives in Wrigleville this weekend (thank you for your quick response). I'll let you know what I find. The party is the end of May, so I have a few weekends to find the perfect dress!

I don't know where you live, there is a fantastic store on Ashland by Roscoe in Chicago called BeBe Elegante the have flower girl dresses, baptism dresses/layettes, lots of fancy dresses most reasonably priced.
Happy shopping
V.

Try bridal stores, but I would avoid the really big ones like David's Bridal or House of Brides etc, they will be very expensive - over $100. Try small bridal shops. I got a fancy dress for my daughter's 1st and then another for her 2nd birthday and I paid $25--$28 each at a little bridal shop. The one I went to is in Chicago on Belmont and Central. It's on Belmont, North side of the street, one block West of Central. I think they have a couple of these little shops right there in that area within a block away from each other...

Hello,

I have two suggestions for you. The first is try an internet site called ForgetMeKnotKids.com they have great dresses at reasonable prices. The second is a store on the North Side of Chicago at North & Clyborn called Beautiful Beginnings, they are a bit pricey but, the staff can be very helpful and nice. I have purchased several of my daughters dresses from ForgetMeKnot kids including the type of dress you are describing for her first birthday, she is going to be two in August. Just keep in mind while Grandma may want your little one in the poofy dress your little one may not be as cooperative - so try to think soft and full rather than tulle. Just a suggestion. Best of luck in your search.

Regards,

There is a wonderful line of hand-smocked dresses from Emily Lacey in Lake Bluff. You can go on their website emilylacey.com or call ###-###-#### to visit their warehouse store between Libertyville and Lake Bluff. Hope this helps, and have fun at the party!

I've actually found nice fancy dresses at Carsons. They have one line that is especially nice called Rare Editions. This should be a good time to buy...all those Easter dresses should be on sale!

Not sure where you are located, but there is a specialty
store in Arlington Heights called Namabini (I might have
spelled it wrong) in the downtown area on Campbell. They usually have beautiful special occassion type things.

Ditto to others re: Von Maur always has an excellent selection of party dresses (for grown ups, too!) at prices more reasonable than I would expect. And if grandma is buying - she'll probably love Strausberg (Aurora outlet and also one in The Glen shopping center at the old Glenview Navy Base)

Ive seen beautiful dresses for babies at Von Maur. Also, check with Nordstroms. They always have beautiful clothes/dresses for the babes!

I would check Nordstrom.

1 / 3