Seeking Shops That Sell Baptism Gowns in Chicago or near Burbs

Looking for advice on where to buy simple yet elegant baptism boy's gown for August ceremony. Willing to travel to near burbs.

Thanks all for your help. I ended up buying a trouser set with a skirt that attached to it from Rocking Horse Boutique in Oak Park. It was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Hi E.,

I bought an outfit from www.onesmallchild.com. It was really cute and the service was great. Good luck!

Hi! Having just gone through two of my daughters weddings,I feel like I have covered the territory on all things special, white and of keepsake quality. Oh yes, and outfits that won't give the parents of small wedding participants a stroke at the $.
Try the Irish shop at Oakbrook Mall (it is upstairs at the Nordstroms end,close to the Apple store).
Also Strasburg children...there is an outlet at the Aurora outlet mall. You can also look at their website and order online.
There is also another Rave store at Yorktown Mall...first floor by the Egg Harbor end.
There is also an Irish shop in Glen Ellyn, I believe on Main Street... beautiful things.
Blessings and good luck!
J. G.

have you tried ebay? otherwise, jc penneys is reasonable. marshall fields, nordstrom. congrats and good luck.

If you are anywhear near Park Ridge, IL, Earth Angels has a great selection. They are located on Talcott. For a more econcomical store, The Wave in Golf Mill I know has a good selection for girls as well as communion dresses. My daughter was very picky for her communion and either wanted the $500 designer dress or the one I found at The Wave for $65. I would call first to make sure they have something for boys (w hich I am pretty sure they do) before you drive all the way out there.

Try Bebe Elegante on Ashland. I found their stuff to be simple and nice. If you don't like what is on the rack, ask to see what is below the counter--sometimes there are more options there. I bought both my boys' baptism outfits here. Good luck.

Hi my name is M. and I am selling my son's baptism gown. it is like new. also i have the bib that matches and the little hat. please feel free to contact me at ____@____.com

Hi E.,
There is a shop in Stratford mall called Rave Kids. They have all types of "not so casual" dresses at very affordable prices. They have baptismal gowns as well as little tuxedos, in addition to shoes, bonnets and bibs and socks. I bought a flower girl dress for my daughter there and it was only $35.00.
Not sure where you live but Stratford Square is in Bloomingdale
Good lukc!

I don't know of any shops for baptism gowns (sorry!), but wanted to take the chance to post anyway since I just discovered a great company that sells beautiful baptism gifts (the kind of gift that you would give to the child being baptized). The name of the company is Kimbelina (www.kimbelina.com) and they sell beautiful blankets that have angels embroidered on each corner. I bought one for my son when he was baptized and it makes me smile every time I see it. As corny as it sounds, I love the symbolism of him having "an angel in every corner" as he goes through life! :)

Good luck with your baptism!!

Hi E.,

1 / 3