First Holy Communion Dresses

my daughters are about to have their first holy communion and i need to buy their dresses. i already went to the mall and dindt have any luck there. i dont want to buy them online so do you know any stores that sell them i dont want them to be to expensive.
Thank you everyone!

well thanks to everyone who gave an answer! i actually went to target and bought her dress there. it wasn't very fancy so i added some cute trimmings to make it more elegant. and the best part of it was that it was only $60 with the trimmings! so i was really happy with that but thanks again to everyone i appreciate your concern

Try Dimples at the Westfield Mall in West Covina, they are affordable and specialize in these kinds of dresses!!

I see you're not in Los Angeles, where the Mexican Catholic community is large. We're lucky to have stores here that have beautiful party dresses & at this time of year there are signs in the windows offering First Communion dresses. If you don't have any luck at the places the other mamas suggested, try just Googling "First Communion Dresses in Las Vegas, NV" and you'll get local results. Good luck!

(PS ~ if you're able to find something made of cotton, you can always have it dyed; that way you'll get more use out of it.)

I have a specialty store in S. CT and we carry and extensive line of communion dresses - you can call and place and order or come in and shop! we also have veils and gloves...Kaleidoscope 203 ###-###-#### - we are here to help...Suzanne

I am not sure where you live, but there are a ton of stores in the San Fernando valley. When you go east on the 118 and you exit on San Fernando Road and go north. There are stores packed with 1000s of dresses and accessories at great prices.

For my daughter's first communion dress, i got a simple white eyelet sundress at Target, then added some fancy trimmings that she chose. I am not a seamstress-can only hand-sew-and it came out beautifully. We did order the veil online, but it was late in coming, so we used my wedding veil (of course, that solution won't work for more than one daughter, unless you have a sister or friend willing to lend her veil :)

Ive seen them at JC Penneys and Sears. Just in case you havent looked
there. Good luck and Congrats to your daughter on her First Holy Communion.

http://www.elitedresses.com You'll surely love their elegant yet super affordable first communion dresses. The owner is very nice too :-)

Strasburg Children. There's a store at the outlet mall just outside of Las Vegas. I think it's in Henderson, but not sure, try googling it. I got some cute stuff there for my daughter that was on clearance. Good quality and inexpensive if you can get it at the outlet stores.

Little Angel's Formal Wear. They are at 282 3rd Ave. Chula Vista 91910 phone: ###-###-####. I got my daughter's dress here 3 years ago. They had everything from inexpensive to designer and all the sizes. A great selection plus all the other accessories like shoes and hair combs. (I would not recommend using their seamstress, she was extremely late and did not even bother to call). There were also several other shops right in the same area, that you could park your car and walk to all of them.

I understand not wanting to buy online because I am hard to fit and it is very frustrating to buy something and have to send it back and get another size over and over. I would rather try on a room of clothes and find something that feels good a looks good too.

I would think that being a young girl of 8, or so, would be rather easy to find clothes that fit her frame so I would agree with the previous poster about bridal shops.

I have attended the LDS Church in the past and I think if you call the Temple and ask them about white girls clothes they will know everywhere there is to buy them. I don't think they would be disrespectful or anything like that. If you don't want to go into detail just say you are needing a white dress for a soon to be 8 year old girl. They will assume it is for her baptism instead of confirmation. You can always hedge about the true nature of the need.

Here's the phone number.
###-###-####

They may have an LDS clothing store on site, I can't find any information about that so I can't be of more help. The Dallas Temple has clothing for sale inside as well as the Billings Montana Temple too. They should have a wonderful selection if they have a store on site.

Here are some web sites that have similar clothing to what I am talking about.
http://www.whiteelegance.com/Children/Girls/sc15
https://www.celestialfashions.com/Girls-White-Dresses.html
http://www.dressedinwhite.com/index.php/children/dresses....

We order from Lida to get a lot of the party dresses we sell in the store at the gym/dance studio where I work. We did a special order recently for some that had girls going for first communion. They spent around $100.00 per dress because it was a smaller order and they had to pay the shipping and handling too.

I hope you find what you are looking for, it is definanatly a special day for the little ones.

1 / 3