Negative Blood Pregnancy Test but Still Pregnant?

I think I'm stressing a little bit but is this possible ?
negative blood pregnancy test but still pregnant?

I have a friend who tests negative to all pregnancy tests--her first OBGYN told her her pregnancy symptoms were all in her head until they did an ultrasound and found the baby. She didn't test pregnant for babies #2 or #3 either, so yes it is possible.

i took 4 home preg test and they said negative and i took a sonagram and they arebt telling me the truth and now i should be 19 weeks pregnant and i feel butterfly moments what shouldi think

i think your hcg levels may still be registering the hormone, but if the blood work is negative, that is usually a real indicator that your not ( or that you do not) have a viable pregnancy.
sorry :( but i am not a dr. and anything can happen! thinking about it, and the stress that comes with that, is soooooo very hard. wish i could take some of that stress away from you :(
xo

Probably not pregnant, but if your period does not start in another couple of weeks call the doctor to see about other things that could be causing it.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand completely... I assume your blood work says you aen't but a home test still says you are--?

This article mentions that fertility drugs may interfere with home pregnancy test results and show false positives: http://www.justmommies.com/articles/false-positive-pregna...

3. False positive pregnancy tests can be caused by certain medications
Certain medications such as phenothiazine can interfere with test results. Women receiving hCG therapy to treat a luteal phase defect or other fertility problem should consult their doctor as to accuracy of home pregnancy tests and when testing should be performed. Occasionally urine can be contaminated with blood or gross amounts of protein leading to inaccurate results.

I think I saw another post of yours saying you're taking Clomid... Perhaps the medication is interfering with the home test results?

I'm sure you were excited to think you were. Sorry for the disappointment.

Maybe not pregnant. On the other hand my friend was being told by everyone, you're pregnant. She went and took a blood test and it was negative. So she got to prove her husband's family wrong. That month she bought and moved into a new house and they were just married. She really started feeling tired, I told her it was stress. She finally went to the obgyn and she's pregnant. Turns out she was pregnant around the time she took the first blood test...it just must have been too early to detect.

As a person who has had multiple pregnancies and only one child birth i just wanted to comment on this. One thing is that What the consider to be positive is a blood pregnancy level of HCG to be above five. However sometimes your urine can have more hormone in it then your blood does and that is why you get a positive on the home test. This is something that needs to be monitored because you can sometimes have what they call a hormonal pregnancy which is where the body produces HCG and there is never a fertilized egg. Also it depends on how far apart the tests were. If it has been a couple days between the home test and the blood test you may have miscarried in the mean time. This is very complicated matter and really needs to be monitored by a doctor! See your OB to see what is going on! Good luck and hope you are pregnant!

1 / 3