Positive Pregnancy Tests

Hi moms-
Now that I know I am pregnant how long do I have to wait before I tell people? Most everyone in our families and most of our friends know we had been trying for over a year. So do we tell them or do we wait "x" amount of time? Again thank you for your advice. I really do appreciate it.

I agree with the positive but for me I always wait till atleast 12 weeks to share the news. this is hard but so much can go wrong more so in the first trimester that it would be harder to tell the sad/bad news than holding in the good. happy times are ahead of you savor the moments.

I have heard that you can always have false negatives on a pregnancy test but you can't have a false positive. Good luck and happy pregnancy!

Its pretty rare to get a false positive. Usually its a false negative. I would almost guarantee that you are pregnant. Congratulations!!!

Sounds like you are pregnant to me. Never had a pee test fail. Congrats.

The pee tests you take at home are the same they give you at the Dr's office. So congratulations!

sounds like congrats are in order! girl my opinion is, that's why they sell them in two-packs. if they're 99.9% effective, then if you take more than one and they're all the same...well...there's your answer! not likely they're all wrong! congrats! :)

(i do understand about not wanting to get your hopes up though...i waited till the dr. confirmed it too. but...mini-yays! till then! :)

Not to burst your bubble, but you really should wait on the blood tests. Pregnancy tests (urine ones) come up false-positives all the time. It's VERY common! I hope for your sake you are prego because I know how it is to want to be prego and to be trying, but just don't get your hopes up yet.

With my first 2, there were no such tests. But with #3...22 years ago, when tests were not nearly as perfected as now, my doctor told me that there are false negatives, but if it says you are pregnant... you are pregnant! And I was! Enjoy this pregnancy. There's nothing in the world like it and then you get the ultimate reward! A baby! You are beginning the most fun time of your life! And your parents are too... being a grandma is THE BEST!!

it can still happen but with 3 test and they are so accurate now...I believe you should get a positive blood test...Good Luck and happy 9 months...

From all I've read & been told you can get a false negative on the urine tests but not a false positive.

I think congrats will be in order for you :)

I would say congratulations!! I have had many false negative because it takes time for me to get a positive test. I had a false negative even in the drs office one time! They put me on heartburn meds and it was pregnancy afterall! LOL There are VERY few times people get false positives, VERY FEW!

1 / 3