My Six Year Old Has a Blackhead

Hi. I have been trying to get rid of her blackhead and it isn't working. She says that it hurts when I touch it. Does anyone have any advice on getting rid of it?

So What Happened?â„¢

Well, I decided to try the toothpaste because my husband was convinced it was a black head, so I left the toothpaste on there a bit and later tried to take the toothpaste off and along came the big ol blackhead...now she has a little hole there, but thank goodness it is gone. She is thrilled that when she goes back to school she won't have to worry about it.. ( she is on fall break ) Thank you for all the responses!

I agree with everyone else on this, but here is a link with some information about children and acne or could it be acne questions. From Parenting.com

http://www.parenting.com/parenting/baby/article/0,19840,6...

Have to tried the little instrument that is sold for that purpose? It doesn't cost much and you can get it in the section with tweezers etc. A warm bath before helps and just put it over the spot and gentlely press.Hope this helps because a dr may be the next best suggestion good luck sl

Are you SURE that's what it is? Six-year-olds are too young for those. I'd ask the pediatrician to take a look at it. Most over-the-counter acne medications are for older children, as they have possibly-harmful chemicals and side effects.

Try a dab of Desitin® on it. The vitamins A & D, plus the zinc oxide and fish oil combination in Desitin® works wonders on all kinds of rashes, including the teething rash that toddlers often get on their cheeks. Put it on at bedtime. So what if they smell a little fishy? By morning, you should see a MAJOR improvement.

Meanwhile, QUIT trying to squeeze it. That only aggrivates it, and could possibly lead to infection.

Hugs!

It might not be a blackhead, it could be a very small mole that is under the skin, or even something else. If she says that it hurts when you touch it I would take her to the doctor and have them take a look at it, if they are unsure what it is take her to a dematologist as they specilize in skin issues. It could just be a blackhead but generally those go away pretty quickly and they are easy to pop.

Pore strips work great. It'll be like pulling a bandaid off, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

May not be a blackhead. I would have a doctor look at it first. It can be dangerous to try and pop it or cause a blood blister doing it. If it hurts to the touch then maybe medical intervention would be the best.

put a little soap on it and leave the soap on it. it clears up over night

My little man has had acne on his left ear since not too long after birth. Whiteheads and blackheads. We finally took him to a Dermatologist and she said it could either be acne or moles that hadn't taken their full shape yet. Either way she put him on RetiA Micro so that they would clear up or it would pull up the true form.

1 / 3