Blackheads on 4 Yr. Old's Nose -- How to Remove?

My son occasionally gets a blackhead on his nose and I have a hard time getting rid of it. (He actually has dry, sensitive skin, so I find it strange that he gets blackheads.)

Anyone have a similar problem with their child? How do you solve it? (I'm not going to squeeze his skin.)

the best way to get rid of them are the biore strips ... I use the Walgreens brand and it is just fine. I hear you can use elmers glue a thin amt on the nose, dry and peel but I have not tried it.

I am glad you aren ot planning on squeezing the blackheads out...not a good thing to start at this young age!!! If the strips that Kristina suggested don't work...I wonder if something called PRID would work...it is a drawing salve that we sell at our pharmacy...it is used for thing like boils, splinters etc but I dont' see why it wouldnt work on a blackhead too.
Then after you get the blackhead cleared out you need to use some astringest to keep it extra clean and maybe some cold compresses to help close the pore up.

Make sure you are changing his pillow case regularly, you may have to change it a couple of times a week. I have found this prevents a lot of my breakouts, I have very sensitive skin.

The ideas the other moms have suggested are good. Regarding his dry sensitive skin - my skin is like that too. I used to have a terrible time with acne because my skin was trying to overcompensate for the "dry" by creating excess oil to moisturize it. After helping him cleanse his face each morning and night, try applying a light gentle moisturizer to the especially dry areas. It might help his skin balance out.

Wash his face with soap and water (and a good wash cloth), then try a cotton ball with a little astringent on it.

He's a boy. All he has to do is rub his dirty hands on his face and a blackhead can develop. Make sure you are washing his face good daily and you can even use a gentle exfoliator once a week on his nose as well. Astringent will help as B said but make sure you moisturize after...YOU moisurize with your clean hands. My daddy always told me to keep my hands off my face. He said it made me look insecure and it would also get my face dirty and little girls didn't need that. (Little boys don't need it either) Hands carry sooooo many germs. He was right.

Hope this helps...

Get an appointment with a dermatologist. You might think I'm silly for this, but truthfully, they can give you good products and take care of his blackheads with the right tools. If he has small pores, you could hurt him trying to get it out (even if you don't squeeze) but the doctor knows how. The doc can also talk to your child about how to treat his face.

1 / 3