My Husband - Chicago,IL

This is something I cant figure out. My husband bathes daily, he doesnt wear body lotions or colognes, no hair gels and does not sweat in excess yet where he sleeps ( pillow cases and sheets on his side) have a sort of film or stain on them in the shape of his body. I guess its body oil. How do I get rid of it on the sheets? Doesn this happen to anyone else? My side does not have any of this yet I do use lotions, gel etc. and my side is clean. Is this normal? Ive had to throw away sheets becasue the stains dont come out even if I wash them every couple days. Could he have a medical condition?

My hubs shaves his head and the pillow often gets an oil stain from his head, and he showewrs before bed. It's annoying as I go through pillow cases like tissues, but it is what it is.

my husbands head does this, i can always tell which pillow is his because it smells like "hair" (is the best way i can describe it), my husband showers 2 or three times a day, i think men are just naturally oilier.Ive noticed hydrogen peroxide in the wash can take away oily residues

I am not sure what it could be caused from, but a little Pamolive on the sheets before washing can help get the oil out. If anything of my son's (or mine!) gets stained with tomato sauce or other oily stuff, I pour some dish soap on it, roll it up into a ball, and wash it after a day or so. Sheets are a lot bigger, but it could still work!

My sister has complained about this often! Her hubby is an auto mechanic so he is dealing with a lot of oils every day... He showers after and before work and still they get the stains...

my husband does this too. i just assumed he sweats when he sleeps,

I haven't noticed it so much on the sheets, but my husband's pillow turns kinda yellow. I figure that the pillow case is over it, so it doesn't show. Can the stain be seen when the bed is made? Does it bother your husband? Does it smell? If not, why get rid of the sheets?

I'm sure it just body oil and sweat, and not any type of medical condition. I agree with Anna Lee, it is what it is. You could try pre-soaking the sheets.

LOL, It is nice to know I am not the only person who suffers from this ability to stain the sheets. I even have a strange effect on some dyes. Sorry no bright answers but I was told by my doc that I just am the way I am. Nothing to change it.

1 / 3