How to remove greasy chapstick stains on clothes?

I have a horrible habit of leaving my chapstick in my pocket and teh throwing it in the wash. Now there are greasy chapstick stains on clothes. Is there any way to get them out?

Summary

There are many cleaning products in the market, some moms suggest to use Oxyclean, while some suggest spray and wash mixed with liquid laundry detergent directly on the stain, then scrub with a brush. the throw it in the laundry on hot wash. Check out the article for more info.

try adding a small amount of Dawn dishwashing detergent to the stain.

I found this works on any kind of greasy stain.

You will need to iron them out. To do this you just place a paper towel over the area and start ironing, move the papertowel around. It will take many times but I'm thinking it is like removing wax.

Dawn and sugar mixed together will get oils out of clothes. Good luck!

Totally Toddler works great on stains and it isn't very expensive. It is also safe to use around children and pets.

Paper bag and an Iron...it works fo me..

try borax. it is in the detergent isle. it worked great when my son left a brown crayon in his pocked and i didn't notice until i was pulling clothes out of the dryer. i got every stain out by following directions of the box. hope his helps.

I heard form aomeone that there's a cleaner called Zout...that really works well...I'd try Dawn dish soap or anything that has a grease remover...I got melted crayons out of the front cloth car seats with 409 spray cleaner...then there's a cleaner for carpets & fabrics called Spot Shot you can get at Walmart...blue can w/orange top....good luck!

OxyClean should get it out. Sprinkle a little in the sink with some warm water and put it in their and clean the spot.

Go to walmart and go to the automotive get some simple green. Its green ! Ha ha and spray the area and scruba little just to get it in the material and wash. My mom got blue fingernail polish on a white shirt and it took me 2 washes and it come out just dont dry it until you know its gone. I dont delute it when im doing a stain but i put about a 1/2(depends on how big the load is) of a cup in the wash with my husbands work clothes. He is a service mgr at the dealership where we work. Good luck

my best stain fighter friends in the cabinet are a paste baking soda, vinegar, peroxide, borax, generic powered laundry soap, hairspray, and dawn dish liquid

all super cheap and takes care of the whole house including rust, oils, waxes, crayon, ink and others

i always if possible wash the stain out from the back side to push out the stain before in goes all the way through the cloth/es to keep from setting then start at the top with a paste of baking soda and laundry soap and dawn usually kills most stains may even take a soak not much and also keeps the toxic chemicals out of our house

kids and i are sensitive and we are using basic items used before we hade stain removers now basically how to use things granny could use.

good luck

1 / 3