My Daughter Is Peeing in Her Panties All the Time and Has Never Done this...HELP

Hello everyone...my little girl in 2 and a half and has been potty trained since right before she turned to. It has been a great experiance and she has done wonderfully. She wears little panties all day long and NEVER had a accident unless we were on a long car ride which in some cases I would put a pull up on her in I knew she was goignt o fall asleep. She has only pooed in the potty once but went to pee in the potty all day long. I don't know what it is but she won't go poop in the potty she says " I don't like it" I don't know if she is embarrassed or its not familiar to her but I ahve even walked out of the bathroom to give her privacy. She will hold her poop in all day long and then she will bring me a pull up and say I need to poop Mama. I do put it on her becuase it is bvery unsafe fir her to hold her poop in and she will. When she gets the pull up on she goes and hides on the other side of my bed on the floor or gets in between the coffie table and couch and poops in private. When she is done she will say I am done Mommy. That is one of my concerns butlike I said she has been wonderfully potty trained for 6 months or so with only a couple of accidents Imena it has been so great. The past weeka nd a half she has been peeing inher panties almost all day long over and over again. She goes to the potty a couple of times a day but still pees in them to. Lately she just has been flat out peeing in them. I will change her and put clean panties on her and not long after she has peed in them again and she comes and tells me about it"Mommyu I peed in my panties again" so she knows what she is doing" she is constantly trying to get me to put a pull up on her when she pees her panties and I do when she has to go poop which is once maybe twice a day and only long enough for her to poop and the it comes off. I just don;t understand why a little girl who was wonderfully potty tarined just starts peeing in her panties again all dayt long. Even when she first started wearing panties she never peed in them all day it was only one or two accidents if any at all. I am really concerned about her because she is so smart and she knows she is peeing in her panties. Do any of you think something could be wrong with her bladder or something? Has anyone else ever went through this before? I mean it went from her being potty trained so well for 6 months to ahving accidents all day overnight. Can anyone tell me what is going on or what I should do. I think I am going to tell her pedetrician because it just doesn't seem right. Any help would be so greatly appreciated...God bless to all of you Mommies!!

Well I did get her to the pedetrician right away. They tested her urine for bladder/UTI and it was negative. It turned out that it was yeast. She has a wonderful female Doctor that I am always so pleased with. Anyway she said this can be very common in little girls this age beause they may not wipe good, or if they ahve been swimming alot and spent a good amount of time in a bathing suit. As a matter of fact a couple of weeks before this started we had been going to Water Works 2 or 3 times a week, and swimming at our pool throughout the week as well, so that made perfect ense to me. She also never wants to take her bathing suit off. She loves to go swimming and she loves her bathing suit. She prescribed cream to doctor her with twice a day. In a few days she was already back to peeing in the potty and has had only 2 accidents, one of them being in a 45 long car ride and I just kept her panties on her. She had fallen asleep and peed in her carseat. She is doing great in that aspect, but I am still working on pooping in the potty. I am just gonna treat poop like I did pee pee and sit with her for 45 minutes at a time int he bathroom, on the potty, until she goes. I know when she finally does poop in the potty she will not be so nervous about it and will get the hang of it. Thank all of you ladies for your wonderful advice I appreciate it all so much and it has really helped me to try new things. Thanks againa nd have a blessed week.

My daughter went through this. She was potty trained before she was 1 yr old. I was divorced and lived with my parents till I married again, so while I worked my mom potty trained her. After I was married about a month, my daughter started peeing in her panties. Drove me up the wall because I knew she knew better. Finally someone told me that a child regresses back in their learning sometimes when there is a change in their life or something dramatic happens. Mine was marrying and changing enviroments and her having to adjust. I guess to a little child that's a big thing when you change from one family to another. So if there has been any changes in her life than what she is used too maybe that could be it. After awhile she started telling me when she had to go pee but till she did it was so frustrating. I just had to let her do it in her own time. Good luck.

Get rid of the pull ups altogether. We struggled with potty training my son, We drive 45 mins from daycare to home and so I would put him in a pull up for the car ride, then underware. I found that this was confusing to him. Once we put him in Underware all the time, we started having less accidents. It took about 3 months or so for him to poop on the potty. What I think we were doing wrong was he was afraid of pooping in the "Big" potty. We put a kids potty chair in the bathroom. We had been telling him that if he poops in his pants we were taking a car but if he went in the potty he got a brand new one and all the ones we took. This didn't work until we added the kids potty. Now he has been accident free for 2 weeks, and doing great. Try a reward and "punnishment" system. By punnishment I mean, take a toy or something she likes. But when she goes on the potty she gets something new, Have it on hand to give to her right then. Now when my son goes #2, he runs to us (pants still down) and says "I get a car".

I think your little girl is extremely confused... you don't want her to have accidents but you still put a pull up on her to poop in? I suggest using panties all day every day. No more pull ups!!! When she needs to go poop sit with her in the bathroom. Read her a book or blow some bubbles until she relaxes enough to poop or let her take a warm bath until she's relaxed enough to get out and get on the potty. I agree it will hurt her to hold her poop for several days but if she holds it for a day or two until she can't hold it any longer she will go one way or the other. I wouldn't punish her for any accidents, I think she's just confused and testing you. Encourage her to keep her panties dry and clean for a whole week for a prize, you can use a sticker chart or small candies for successful trips to the potty, too.

I have a daughter who will be three in a couple of months who was almost potty trained when she was right at 2 years old, but then suddendly starting wetting her pants and having "accidents", similar to what your daughter is doing. Here are my thoughts...Although you mentioned several times that your daughter was potty trained, she has never been potty trained at all. It sounds like it is absolutely a control issue with her, which was the case with my daughter and my oldest son, as well. With both, I finally reached a point at which I became so frustrated that I decided to not ever talk about going potty to them again. (That means not ever even asking if they need to go potty). I just pretty much acted as though I didn't care one way or the other if they went. With my daughter, I just kept putting her in panties and praising any successful trips to the potty. Very shortly after doing this with them both, they were 100% potty trained. It is so frustrating, though, when you know how intelligent they are, and there just seems to be nothing you can do. I do have to say the poopy part came second to peeing in the potty for both of them. I'm embarassed to say that towards the end with my daughter, I became so frustrated with her. She had gone to sit on the potty right at bed time, but then just wanted to sit and read...forever. Finally, around 9:45, I was so frustrated (and again I'm embarassed to say I did this) that I said, "That's okay. I guess you're just not big enough to go poopy in the potty. Let's just go to bed". Not even 1 minute later, she pooped, no problem! Little stinker! :-) That being said, I would toss the pull-ups all-together, unless she needs them overnight, in which case I would ONLY put them on her at bedtime...never when she requests them to go poopy. We have dealt with holding it in, too, and if your daughter goes that direction, I would suggest Miralax. Talk to you pediatrician first (if she starts holding it in). It's usually a lot less expensive with a prescription than in is over-the-counter, depending on your insurance, but if you get her on a schedule with this for a while, she will not be able to hold it in. It is safe and non-habit forming too, unlike a true laxative. Sorry this is so long, but stay strong, don't stress out about it, and good luck!!

Sounds like one of two things. One is that maybe she has a bladder infection. This would cause her to feel like she has to pee all the time and it may also make it hard for her to make it to the potty when she really has to go. Or 2, it's a control issue and is related to the poop issue. If she likes to poop in the pull up, and you allow it, she may think that if she keeps peeing you'll put her in a pull up all the time. I would definatly take her to the ped. to check for a bladder infection or something similar. I'd also see about getting her to poop in the potty. My daughter didn't want to poop in the potty either. We would watch the potty videos, I put the potty on the floor in the living room so she could watch TV while she sat, we sat on it in the bathroom and read books, it was MISERABLE! She would hold it in, and then it would hurt b/c it was so hard, and so she would hold it in the next time. She ended up having to drink prune juice and have mineral oil mixed in with her milk so that it would keep the stool soft so she would go. It took a while and was VERY frustrating, but she finally got past it. I never even thought about putting her in pull ups, but she didn't ask either. I'm just wondering if maybe b/c you do put her in pullups it's actually contributing to the problem. Maybe try no pullups whatsoever. If she needs to poop, put her on the potty? Good Luck!

Check out the possibility of a urinary tract infection. If that's not it, she is just not ready to be potty trained. Give her time. As for the poop-in-the-potty thing, be sure she has something under her feet. Toddlers squat to poop, which it sounds like she is doing. If her feet are not supported, she can't get the "push" she needs to move her bowels. Think about it -- you use your legs to do that. So be sure she is not dangling on the potty. Some kids don't feel safe up there -- since their feet aren't grounded. Aside from the pushing-off issue, that could also be the case.

Please, please do not treat this as disobedience. You will traumatize her. Be gentle in dealing with it. She will get it eventually. Two was really young for potty training. I know she was doing it well, but regression is not a cause for concern when she's this young.

Blessings,
P.

I had no problem at all potty training either of my daughters. They were both potty trained right after they could walk.

My youngest had a couple of accidents after being potty trained for over a year when she started going to her new school. So I think it was just the change.

I think your daughter is very smart and therefore she maybe "playing" you since you'll put a pull up on her when she needs to poop. She is very smart since she can tell you she needs to go and then when she's done. I would suggest when she says she needs to go you put her on the pot and tell her big girls go poop on the potty. And then sit in there with her and when she does get really excited!

Just my opinion of course.

This too shall pass!

God bless you!

I would re-potty train her. Take her to the potty every hour and sit with her until something empties out. I would enforce the fact that peeing in her panties is bad and praise her for peeing in the pot. You must take control or it will get worse as she gets older. Bless her little heart. Good luck.

G.
www.gwendolynsphotography.com

I potty trained in the daycare setting for years.

I have 2 suggestions for you in regard to the pooping in the potty issue (copied and pasted from another post I responded to recently):

1. Put a TV tray in the bathroom for her to have a surface to do activities in the bathroom. It can help her to relax if she is not just "thinking about it". Have coloring books and crayons handy (also, puzzles, books, etc. that can be done on the small table). This way she may sit longer too. Set a timer for about 15 or 20 minutes and tell her that when the timer goes off she can get up, but she can "play" there until then. Take the timer out of her sight so she is not compelled to look at it (if it doesn't beep when you push the buttons, you may want to add a couple of minutes when she isn't looking if she is sitting well).

2. Do you have a potty training doll?

I used to use it to show the kids how to poop. Get some tootsie rolls (without her knowing you have them or it will ruin it). Hold the doll over the toilet. Without your daughter realizing it, drop a few tootsie rolls into the toilet behind the doll. Get excited when you hear it drop into the water. Get her to look and see that the doll has gone poop.

It may or may not work, but it is definately worth a try.

I know this may sound "gross", but since kids learn by example you may even want to allow her to be in the room when you go (once or twice) maybe while she is in the bath (so she won't leave the room). Just a thought. I had my husband show our boys how to pee, but it may work for poop too. Shrug.

P. <><

1 / 3