Munchkin Fresh Food Teether

Hello, my little boy just turned 7 months old. I received a two pk. of the Munchking mesh fresh food teethers for my shower and have still yet to use them. My baby is eating stage 2 foods three x's/day and loves it! He is also heavily teething right now. I am not sure what to put in this thing. I have heard strawberries, but not sure of what else. I also heard of putting meat in them? Ew..what kind? Do your babies like this product?

He may not even need the feeders, but Whatever you do, do not put bananas in them - I had to use a tooth pick to clean it.

My daughter has a 5 month old,and puts a frozen pear in the mesh...However she made her own'sugar tit''[that's what they used to call them]..She made it from a piece of cotton hemp...He loves it.....Too many pesticides on strawberries,unless they are organic...Frozen apple,would be good,...Good luck....Grandma S.

No Stawberries!!!! They are a huge allergin. I believe you're suppose to wait until a least 1 maybe even 2 before introducing strawberries. I've heard of using frozen, peeled grapes, ice cubes, any food that he already eats, but frozen would probably work.

EWWW, just threw ours out. I could never get my baby to do anything with that product. Great concept, but who wants to suck on mesh...reminds me of chewing on a football jersey. You asked, my baby definitely hated it. I decided to use a blender instead!

My son is 11 months old and still loves it. I put frozen chunks of fruit in it to help with his teething and keep him occupied in the high chair for a little while. He loves mango, grapes, peaches, apples. Hope this helps

I am also a mother of a seven month old and a 22 month old...I used the safe feeder a couple of times with my son when he was younger but honestly, he prefered to just have the fruit cut into small pieces. My daughter(the seven month old) decided that she did not like baby food, so she has been eating "real food" since she was five months...I just cut everything really small and she is able to gum it(she does not have any teeth)! I have not even pulled out the safe feeder for her...especially since she is now learning to feed herself. With my son, the sahe feeder ended up on the floor more than in his mouth...I have found that a food processor is my best friend!

My daughter is 20 mos now and I used those when she was 7mos or so on up until she did better chewing without trying to swallow huge bites. She would be in her walker (we have a kitchen that is a few steps down from the rest of the house and she would go in her walker while I cooked dinner) and eat - pears, apples, the teething biscuits (since she almost choked on them) but mostly fruit just to chew. They don't have to be a main part of mealtimes, they just help the baby practice chewing without the risk of choking. They were actually developed by a dad whose son? choked on something. I used mainly fruits b/c that's what she ate at that time of day, but if it's chewable and the baby likes it - it can go in it for the most part! Oh, and - my daughter LOVED it!

My son is also 7 months and he likes teething biscuits in the mesh thing! I think they are called biter biscuits. They tend to break into chunks so i just stick them in there and he loves them. I've done orange segments also.

Both of my kids (now 5 yo & 2 yo) used these. I agree that the Munchkin isn't my favorite brand but I did really like them. We used Baby Safe Feeder brand. Those have mesh baggies that come off and can be washed seperatly from the plastic holders.
They are messy but great for feeding kids fresh fruits and veggies, even homemade breads. If I could cut it to fit, I tried it! Yes even chicken, it came off the grill, cooled and got put into the feeder.
I have given these as shower gifts ever since with positive results.

Oh my children loved their "biter bags" as we called them (I had baby safe feeders). All of my friends and family thought it was utterly disgusting, but with my teething son and later with my busy twins they were life savers! I didn't let them carry them around because is was too sticky, but in their high chairs they made our dinner times so nice - they kept themselves occupied while we actually ate. So - we filled them with hard things like apples and pears and soft things like melon, watermelon, peaches, canned pears, and strawberries. I did put meat in them, but it wasn't a big hit - not enough juices to suck out and not enough hardness to bite. One little tip - put a few of those linking rings on the handle and attach it to the high chair (especially when out at a restaurant), then when it falls it doesn't hit the floor. I washed mine with dish detergent daily and then about once a week in the washing machine with my kitchen laundry, not dried - it just seemed cleaner. And then, believe it or not... I sold them on eBay - there is a huge market for them, even used (ick, I know, but I boiled them and many people wanted them!) Good luck - it's sticky, but a great into to chewing!!

1 / 3