Miscarriage - San Antonio,TX

i felt i was done with having children, but on oct 2 i found out i was preggo for the third time. well i was having bad pains on oct 12 and went to the ER they did an ultrasound said i was 5.1 weeks along but believed the embryo wouldnt survive because it had attached to low in my uterus. has anyone else ever heard of it "being too low"? i did infact miscarry yesterday and i am dealing with it but i am questioning the dr and his diagnois!

I have miscarried twice and regardless of the situations it is hurtful. I just have always had to remind myself that there is a reason. Even though I have 4 kids, those 2 still pop in my mind occasionally. I wouldn't worry too much about the diagnosis, unfortunately a pregnancy isn't consider viable until 20 weeks and most dr's wont/cant do anything to prevent a miscarriage. So regardless of his diagnosis, the ending would probably have been the same.

I would definately see my OB and ask questions and read up on what the ER dr suggested. If you do decide to have another baby you would want to know the likelihood of this happening again, etc. Depending on the situation, the dr can take precautions to try to avoid another miscarriage. (for me, I had blood work to check my hormones and if it was low, then I supplemented my hormones to keep them from getting to low and causing me to miscarry.)

Hang in there, hug your babies, and now you know you have a little Angel heaven.

I am sorry that I have no advice for you. I really just wanted to express my sympathies for your loss. I have had a miscarriage. It's amazing, once you've had one, you find out so many have. Once it starts there's not anything than can stop it. I am very sorry for you and your families loss.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I had a miscarriage in March of last year and know how hard it is to deal with. I don't know about the baby implanting too low, but like someone else mentioned, I have heard of the placenta being too low. I would suggest going to www.babycenter.com and finding the miscarriage support message board. There are tons of people on there and I bet one of them might be able to help you. It's also a great place to chat with other women who are going through the same thing as you. I have made some life long friends on there who all had miscarriages at the same time I did.

I wish I could help more, I know how awful you must feel.

I'm a little confused about what you're questioning the doctor about? The embryo can attach wherever it wants in the uterus. You just hope it's the right position. It's amazing to realize how all the conditions have to be exactly perfect for a fertilized egg to implant and continue the progress of a pregnancy. If just one little thing is off, it can end in miscarriage. So many women miscarry within the first month or so and never even know they were pregnant. (Statistics say 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage.) My poor sister-in-law has delt with two miscarriages in between an actual full term pregnancy. I'm sorry for your loss, but just know there is nothing you or your doctor could've probably done in that situation. If you need support, there a various groups on the internet. I wish you the best.

Hi my name is E.:) I am very sorry :( I know what you are feeling I had one two years ago :( My doc had told me the same thing with my first child and he put me in bed rest for the first 4 months and I had my baby at 6 months.He told me the same thing two years a go but it did not work I lost the baby at 3 months :( If you need someone to talk to go ahead and email me :)

1 / 3