Migraine or Poor Circulation?

I have had left-sided headaches at least once a week. They are not so extreme that they cause nausea but can last sometimes 2-3 days. I often wake up with them and will have them all through the night.

My feet have always felt cold so I wear socks to bed. Lately they have been freezing. I sometimes put a heating pad at the bottom of my bed to warm it up before I go to bed. Could this be related??

Mom in need

I also suffer from headaches :(. I find that they are more frequent when I eat lots of dairy or sugar. For me diet plays a huge roll. I would also recommend drinking lots of water and get in for a massage when you feel a headache coming on.

For me Massage Therapy and Chiropractic adjustments help with my circulation and headaches. I am a Myomassologist, please let me know if you have any questions about Massage Therapy.

I am a migraine sufferer my self and all of these suggestions are great. But just out of curiousity when is the last time you had your iron checked?????? You may want to do that the next time you go in.

It may be a costly but will do you well. Find a good massage therapist! I actually am one. But try getting massages once a month maybe at first once a week. It will help with your stress and your circulation. Once you start feeling ok than go to once a month. Drink lots of water and stretch. If your interested let me know and I can take on another client. I work out of my house. I am state certified plus have all my hrs to sit for the national to be nationally certified. If it becomes worse with a massage a suggest seeing a dr. But I think if you treat yourself to massage they will help!

I too have left side headaches but I am finding that mine are related to neck and shoulder pain and/or sinus problems. I went to physical therapy a couple years ago and it really helped but then it came back because I stopped doing my exercises. It is amazing how everything in your body is connected.

Think about what you do during the day that can be affecting your left side. I answer phones on my left side so the muscles are inflamed and hitting a nerve causing horrible headaches almost daily. If I sleep on my left side it is worse.

I would keep track of what you do and when your symptoms get worse, then go see your doctor. It could be many things, but you want to go there with info before you start testing.

I am not sure if the cold feet is related, but of course note that as well.

I have similar headaches with chills and cold hands/feet.
Those are additional migraine symptoms. I would check with your doctor, get you blood pressure taken and an exam and consider medication if over the counter medications don't help. I am currently taking Relpax, which helps with the migraines, but leaves my skin achy the day I take it. The benefits definitely outweigh the side effects.

M. - Please get it checked out with a doctor! The cold feet may not be related to the specifically located headaches. You did not mention how long you may have been experiencing these headaches.

I would suspect that a localized headache that can last for 2-3 days absolutely be checked out.

It could be nerve related headaches also. Is the pain sharp, or throbbing when your heat beats? I get migraines and also just began getting nerve headaches. The migraines are more of a throbbing and I can't stand light or noise, headlights when driving at night are the absolute worst. The sharp pain is more of a nerve headache. I would see your doctor or a chiropractor. My chiropractor has done wonders for my nerve headaches.

I get one-sided headaches that sometimes last 2-3 days as well. Migraines run in my family and my mom even sees a specialist every six months for her migraines. My sister gets the same one-sided headaches and we have always thought they were sinus-related and caused by changes in weather and air pressure, since we have noticed that the headaches coincide with periods of snow or rain or hot, humid weather.
One thing my mom learned at the specialist is to keep a daily log regarding the headaches and after a few months, go back and look at the log to see if there are any patterns, or triggers. The one-sided headaches I get are usually behind one of my eyes and helped by heat (I use a rice bag, or a small pillow or clean tube sock filled with white rice and heated in the microwave for 2-3 minutes) and taking Sudafed and Ibuprofen or Tylenol. I had one of these headaches from Sunday to Monday and was able to get rid of it by laying down for half an hour with my eyes closed after taking a Sudafed and Ibuprofen.
Hope this helps! Good luck to you.

Hi M., You have got alot of advice and different remedies for headaches here. I also suffered from migraines. I tried everything over the counter for them. I finally went to the DR after suffering for along time. I would have them constantly. Dr ordered a cat scan and found I had an anyourysm. I had brain surgery in December of 99 and have hardly had a migraine since. Still get one every once in awhile but not very often. I dont want to scare you, but before you try all the things suggested go to th Doctor first and make sure everything is ok. Over the counter drugs and Chiropractor cant help if there is something wrong in your brain causing these headaches you are having! Dont try and diagnose yourself like I did. I am very, very lucky to be alive! My anyourysm was 8mm and it could have ruptured at any time.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Good Luck....

1 / 3