Magazine for a 3 Year Old

Hello,
My son will be turning 3 this month. He loves reading books so I thought it would be fun for him to get a magazine of his own in the mail. He likes trucks, construction, sports and dinosaurs. Does anybody subscribe to a toddler/pre-school magazine that they would recommend? Thanks!

My daughter gets Tessy & Tab (http://www.tessyandtab.com/index.htm). It's a local magazine (Portland) and they are easy to read story books with activities at the end. They are made incredibly well, so you have a library afterwards of stories they can learn how to read. My daughter loves it! She also gets Highlights magazine, but it tends to get dicarded rather quickly.

You might try Hi-lights. It is a good kid oriented magazine. You find them in doctor's or dentist's offices.

N.

Babybug and Ladybug by cricket magazines.

Your Big Backyard
My sister subscibed to this for my 2 1/2 year old. He loves it when it comes in the mail and we sit and read it asap. It's mostly about animals. Another one about animals is Wild Animal Baby (designed for toddlers 12 mnth to 3 years). A friend of mine subscibes to Zootles.
We also get High Five - the younger sub for Highlights.

My kids love their "Tessy and Tab" subscription. Each issue is a story about a seasonal/relevant topic. At the end of the issue, there are questions about the story, search-and-find for two words and a Number and Letter of the issue. Very fun but also educational. (There have been issues about good hygene, farmer's markets, bedtime routines, fighting with friends, sportsmanship, etc.)

The first one that comes to mind is Your Big Back Yard. National Geographic Kids recently came out with a JR version for younger kids, you might want to check it out.

I'm with Tori - Babybug is a great magazine for preschoolers! My girls loved it at that age. They have very thick pages so they're very durable, also.

High Five by Highlights is great. My son just turned 5 and he loves it. It's for kids up to five... the pre-schoolers.

My son started getting High Five at age three!

I have been sending Highlights to my 3 year old grandson and he really loves it. I am also going to get him National Geographic Jr....it is for 6 year olds but I think he is going to enjoy a lot of it...he adores animals and especially dinosaurs!!!

1 / 3