Magazine for a 3 Year Old

Hello,
My son will be turning 3 this month. He loves reading books so I thought it would be fun for him to get a magazine of his own in the mail. He likes trucks, construction, sports and dinosaurs. Does anybody subscribe to a toddler/pre-school magazine that they would recommend? Thanks!

My daughter gets Tessy & Tab (http://www.tessyandtab.com/index.htm). It's a local magazine (Portland) and they are easy to read story books with activities at the end. They are made incredibly well, so you have a library afterwards of stories they can learn how to read. My daughter loves it! She also gets Highlights magazine, but it tends to get dicarded rather quickly.

You might try Hi-lights. It is a good kid oriented magazine. You find them in doctor's or dentist's offices.

N.

Babybug and Ladybug by cricket magazines.

Your Big Backyard
My sister subscibed to this for my 2 1/2 year old. He loves it when it comes in the mail and we sit and read it asap. It's mostly about animals. Another one about animals is Wild Animal Baby (designed for toddlers 12 mnth to 3 years). A friend of mine subscibes to Zootles.
We also get High Five - the younger sub for Highlights.

My kids love their "Tessy and Tab" subscription. Each issue is a story about a seasonal/relevant topic. At the end of the issue, there are questions about the story, search-and-find for two words and a Number and Letter of the issue. Very fun but also educational. (There have been issues about good hygene, farmer's markets, bedtime routines, fighting with friends, sportsmanship, etc.)

The first one that comes to mind is Your Big Back Yard. National Geographic Kids recently came out with a JR version for younger kids, you might want to check it out.

I'm with Tori - Babybug is a great magazine for preschoolers! My girls loved it at that age. They have very thick pages so they're very durable, also.

High Five by Highlights is great. My son just turned 5 and he loves it. It's for kids up to five... the pre-schoolers.

My son started getting High Five at age three!

I have been sending Highlights to my 3 year old grandson and he really loves it. I am also going to get him National Geographic Jr....it is for 6 year olds but I think he is going to enjoy a lot of it...he adores animals and especially dinosaurs!!!

We have been given several magazine gift subscriptions. Our favorites are National Geographic Little Kids and High Five Highlights. My son (3-1/2) has a lot of fun with both! He also enjoys Wild Animal Babies, but National Geographic kids is really beyond him.

National Geographics Junior. My two year old loves it.

High Five is wonderful!

My kids (3 and almost 2) love Zootles and Wild Animal Babies. They pick them out over and over to read before bed. Wild Animal Babies is definitely a little younger, but my 3 year old is now really into the simple activities in it. We haven't really done much with the Zootles activities but they love the pictures.

My 3 year old also gets Click and it is ok. It has more stories in it and doesn't seem to capture his attention as well as the others.

N.

chirp magazine! they also have chickadee and owl for as he grows older.

My kids loved a magazine from Highlights. I think it was called High Five. It's cute and simple, and each edition had a craft, a recipe, some poems and stories and usually some factual info about an animal. Anyway, we really enjoyed them. Once in awhile one of the issues surfaces on a book shelf, and my kids will still read it (they're ages 3, 5 and 7). In fact, this makes me wonder if I should re-start our subscription!

Ladybug, Zoobooks.

You can also go to the local library and check out the children's magazines they have there and see which one's you like.

We have Thomas and Friends and Friends (full of various preschool character) that have some counting, letter tracing, matching, which picture is different, stories, mazes, etc. Our 4 yr old loves them. the 2 yr old just loves the thomas pictures.
They are both put out by Redan and may have subjects your son is more interesting in.

We used to get Hi Five a preschool version of highlights.

We get Highlights magazine for our 3 year old. It's okay, but not spectacular. What might be a really good option is to get him his own library card so he can check out books.