Lost First Tooth, but Think Swallowed It - Now What?

We lost our first baby tooth this morning, but can't find it anywhere! So we think it got swallowed. What now? The tooth fairy will come, but there is no tooth to leave. Has anyone else swallowed their baby tooth? Did you (sorry gross but...) watch for it to come out of the "other side"? And if so how long did it take to make the trip? Or do you just chalk it up a loss and go on....I'm heartbroken not to have the "first" tooth though. Please tell me if you have been in the same situation and what you did. TIA.

My daughter also swallowed her first tooth! We just wrote a special note to the "Tooth Fairy" telling her what had happened and she was very generous. We were more prepared and waiting for the second tooth so that it did not suffer the same fate. We were able to retrieve that one and I was able to save it. Hope this helps you out!

My dd lost her tooth while eating chicken nuggets. Needless to say the swollowed her tooth and she was hysterical!! I made her write the tooth fairy a note telling her what happened. She felt better the next morning when the tooth fairy had made a stop under her pillow. It's sad not to have the tooth but its cute having the letter too. GL

Whenever we lost a lost tooth, we would just write a letter to the tooth fairy, she will understand ;)
I would not suggest trying to find it, not worth it at all.

If you need to perhaps help your little one "write a letter" to the tooth fairy explaining what happened... and leave the note under the pillow.

One thing to think of though, is do you want to begin by telling your children about tooth fairies, easter bunnies and sants, to only later have them find out your were not being honest- sometimes it depends on your child's personality but those who are literal. Will be taken aback when in a year or two they find out mom and dad lied about this... when they are telling me not to lie.

I know it's childhood fun... but something to consider.

My son did this same thing so I had him write a letter to the tooth fairy. Actually I think he told me what to say and I wrote it in crayon for him. It was really cute.

My daughter lost her tooth in the process of showing it to everyone. We never found it. She wrote a cute letter to the tooth fairy which I have in her baby book today. She's now 42.

Same thing happened to us. We left a note for the tooth fairy in place of the tooth.

My son swallowed one of his baby teeth. We just had him write a letter to the tooth fairy. She forgave him and left money. I never watched for it to come out. I know it's a first, but it wouldn't be worth it to me.

1 / 3