Tooth Fairy Ideas

My Oldest daughter age 5 1/2 has her first loose tooth. I am looking for great tooth fairy ideas, poems, etc to make this fun! And with inflation ;) what is the going rate for the first tooth and each tooth after that?

I am SO GLAD I asked when I did! My daughter's tooth feel out at her aunt's house the next morning! So that night we put the tooth in a special bag (one you get for wedding treats) and placed it under her pillow! The next morning my daughter and her cousin woke up to fairy dust (glitter) on the window seal and leading to her pillow, a pile of dust under her pillow and the pouch with the tooth gone and a letter from the tooth fairy saying she found her tooth is satisfactory condition and she left a gold dollar under her pillow! My daughter was so thrilled! and they spent 2 hours looking for all the fairy dust. My neice said she forgot to look when she lost her teeth so she was going to look when she went home that night!

THANKS MAMMAS!!!

search the web. I found a tooth fairy poem that I printed out and put on my son's door when he lost his first tooth.

Suggestion - hang the tooth in a pretty fabric bag (you can get them in the bridal section of Wal-Mart) on the child's door. I made the mistake of putting the tooth under his pillow, and nearly woke him up when I went to do the 'exchange' of tooth for money.

I left my daughter .50
In different pieces of change and she loved counting it all out to see how much she had . . . She was thrilled!
she is now 8yrs old and I never give her more than a dollar. She is still thrilled each time. Sometimes I think about giving her more money but decided against it. Because once I give her more than she'll expect that or more

Hey T.,

When I was little, I was afraid the tooth fairy wasn't real (I'm sure someone at school told me that). So my dad gave me an envelope and told me to decorate it. Then we put my tooth in it, licked the flap, and sealed it tight. The next morning my tooth was gone and the sealed envelope was filled with coins. So I knew the tooth fairy had to be real because how could she get my tooth out and the coins in without opening the envelope? I guess dad used the old boiling water and using the steam to open the envelope trick. I just thought it was such a creative idea to kind of help your children continue to believe. I know I'll do that with my children once their teeth start falling out. Just thought that might be cute for daughter- she will think it's so neat that the envelope was never opened.

Take care of yourself and those sweet babies!
-K.

When I was little, I loved more than anything getting lots of COINS from the tooth fairy. So, to help with inflation, you could give her 20 nickels or 100 pennies or something like that...? You might put them in some decorative design or something...?

I left my daughter .50

I haven't gotten to the tooth fairy stage yet with my daughter, but I've heard others talk about it, and my only suggestion is to not go overboard. I think $5.00 per tooth is a little ridiculous...there are going to be a lot of teeth lost from that little mouth over time! I'd say about $1.00 is sufficient, but maybe you could give it to her in the form of a silver or gold dollar and maybe buy some tulle and ribbon to package it in an interesting way.

How exciting for your daughter! My two oldest children 8 and 10 just recently figured out that we are the tooth fairy so have fun! I told them not to tell the 4 year old! What I have done was get those little jewelry ziplock bags found in craft stores and I would put their tooth in it and write their name on it and the date. That way the tooth fairy won't get their teeth confused with other kids teeth! Wink! If you want to put it in a decorative bag you can, but mine just loved keeping it under their pillow. We give $5 a tooth but that is us. Choose whatever monetary value is best for you. One night I forgot and when they woke up their tooth was still there, so I told them to keep it there during the day so it won't get lost and sometime during the day while they were playing, the tooth fairy came because she had a busy night and can come during the day sometimes and left the money! Just leave yourself a note somewhere to remind yourself and if they ask why you left a note for yourself come up with something creative like you were reminding daddy so that if he heard anything in the night he would remember it was the tooth fairy! My second oldest (8) found out because he had just fallen asleep one night and I went in there to cover him and kiss him goodnight and I put the money under his pillow and he wanted to show me his tooth "one more time" and there was his money instead! He is also the one who swallowed his first 2 teeth and we had the tooth fairy leave him a note saying that although he swallowed his tooth, the tooth fairy still knew that he lost it and that he would still get his money. Have fun!

Why not make it a sort of scavanger hunt? That way it would not cost you so very much money and it would be something the child would never forget. As for something to put the tooth in, cut out a tooth in the general shape of a tooth (and it does not have to be perfect for a child thank god) and make a slit to insert the tooth. Then glue the two sides together for putting under the pillow. Put in a five or in my instance since i dont have much money at all, a couple of dollars. Then get from one of the dollar stores a coloring book and crayons and some of the little jewelry or soldiers or whatever according to the child's sex. Maybe pick up a bag of candy.put up arrows and show the way from one place to another to find the things and hide them for the child to find and only hide them as well as the child is able to find things.that should make it a great time for everyone.

No ideas here. My son got some money for his first tooth. He almost teared up and said he would rather have his tooth back! I was not expecting that response. We left the money under the pillow the next night to exchange for his tooth.

1 / 3