Looking for Places in Dallas (Or Surrounding Areas) to Take Cool Pictures

Hello Ladies! I just recently moved here to Dallas and am still getting to know the place. My sister from Georgia is coming to visit me in 2 weeks with her 5 year old and 18 month old boys. Are there any cool architectural places/ urban spots/ beautiful scenery/old cute towns, etc. to take pictures here? She said she heard of a place here with a "red brick wall" - I have no idea where that is... does anyone know where that is? Any suggestions would help! Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your responses! My sister came last week and we found some great spots downtown Dallas, the parks you suggested, and we went to the Ft. Worth Zoo (which was awesome!). She took a lot of cute photos! Thanks again!

The Dallas Arboretum is gorgeous this time of year. It is a great place for moms to walk with strollers and for little ones to run along. And sooooo many photo ops! Take a picnic lunch too.

Try to drive all the way around White Rock Lake (near the arboretum). You can get some beautiful shots of the lake with downtown Dallas in the horizon, etc. There are also some good views from Flag Pole Hill, which is just north of the lake.

What your sister is refering to is probably the Old Red Courthouse downtown. In Las Colinas near the Mustangs is the flower clock, it is unusual.
You do need to be careful of the bluebonnets I understand snakes like them too.

A.

Dallas Arboretum - Hands down is my favorite picture taking place. White Rock Lake, Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens - its free admission. Also there are tons of beautiful parks around the Park Cities.

Hi, M....

One of my favorite places for scenery is Dallas Baptist University. They have a pond with a fountain, GORGEOUS landscaping, gazebos, and beautiful architecture. It is just beautiful there. Have fun!

Hi there! The Texas picture that everyone eventually takes is laying in the bluebonnets/wildflowers along the highway. Yes, not the most peaceful, but it turns out to be a great photo if you get the lighting right. Basically now is the time to do it while they are in bloom. You can go further south along I-35 to get out of the city to do. Make a day trip to Hillsboro (off I-35 going south) and stop off at the outlet mall there for shopping! Hope that helps....

I've seen some great pictures that were taken at various places throughout the Gaylord Texan hotel in Grapevine. The only downside is that you will have to pay to park.

If your sister comes in the next couple of weeks, it is VERY common to see people pulled over on the side of the highway to take pictures in the Bluebonnets. I know. I moved here about 10 years ago, and it is still weird.

I bet they get pretty pictures though!

1 / 3