Stuff to Do with the Inlaws in FW

My inlaws are coming to town in November and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for what we can do while they are here. We are in the Ft. Worth area and will be taking them to the Stockyards (they are all about the "Texas" experience), but wasn't sure if there was something fun to do that I am not thinking about!

Thanks for your help!!

Since you are going to the stockyards, you could also ride the train to Grapevine and walk around the historic downtown. It is very different from the stockyards but still very much a "Texas" experience.

E.,
There are all sorts of things to do in Fort Worth. The best place to look for ideas would be www.gocitykids.com. This is a parent resource website full of things to do with your kids and family!

E.,
When my husband's out of state relatives were here for our wedding we took them to the 6th Floor Museum. That is about as true a Texas experience as you can get. We also took them to see the horse sculptures in Los Colinas and although we didn't have time they also wanted to see the wax museum in Grand Prairie. Hope this helps. Have fun!!

The Japanese Garden at the Botanical Gardens is just beautiful and take some quarters to feed the coi! There is the train from the Stockyards to Grapevine also. I try to do the Watergardens downtown for company and often take folks to either Joe T. Garcia's or Uncle Julios for local fare. Don't forget BBQ someplace famous.
Just off the top of my head!
C. S.
Oh yeah, there are several new Texas-oriented museums downtown and don't forget the little import shop downtown...can't think of the name.

The farmers market down town is awesome. Not sure what is there this time of year. Kennedy depository down town. The Aquarium is fun and especially with children. The bronze cattle drive on Griffin down town close to farmers market. Maybe a rodeo in the stockyards. Billy Bobs not my thing but lot of people like it. I took a tour. The stockyard tour is more interesting then just going down there. Arborteum by White Rock Lake? I have been on a tour of South Fork ranch before. Mrs. Bairds bakery plant does tours. Look in the phone book they have phone numbers and ideas. BAss Hall always has something going. Manan too. A tour and day at Caddo Lake is fun. Take a river boat ride through the swamps. Museums. Fair Park I have not done yet. Outlet malls. Hillboro, or Gainsville. Also if it is a week end before the first Canton is a lot of fun especially the end of Nov because they have a lot of stuff for Christmas. San Antonio is really not that far and fun. The river boat ride on the River Walk. Alamo. Depends on their interests and how far you want to travel and what you want to see. I have heard there is tons of stuff in Ft Worth for kids. I also was told to look in the Star Telegram on Fridays, entertainment section. Good Luck G. W

The Dallas Arboretum. Not in Fort Worth. But it is beautiful. Great place for kids to run and be free!

Not in Fort Worth but the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas is always an interesting place to take out of town visitors. I have been several times and the some of the exhibits change. Always a educational and emotional experience about the day JFK was assasinated.

Take them to the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame. It is on Montgomery the address is 1720 Gendy St. ###-###-####

1 / 3