Looking for Pediatric Eye Doctor...

Can anyone recommend a good pediatric eye doctor (just for routine visits) in the western suburbs? I would prefer an office that is part of the VSP insurance plan, but I am still open for any recommendations. My daughters are 4 years and 2 years. Thanks!!!

Dr. Patricia Davis (Progressive Eye Care) is an amazing pediatric eye doctor. When my daughter had a blocked tear duct, several friends recommended her, and now I understand why!! She is great with kids and knows what she is doing... in fact, there were 3 sets of twins in the waiting area when I was there. One of the moms said she drives from downtown Chicago to have her child's eye problems handled by Dr. Davis. Anyway, she is in Lisle (off Ogden) and her number is ###-###-####. Good luck!

We go to Dr. Michael Kipp at the Wheaton Eye Center. He has locations in Hinsdale, Naperville and Wheaton. He is an excellent DR and I highly recommend.

My trio see Dr. McDonnell at Loyola - he's a pediatric opthalmologist. He's got a great personality and is great with the babies.

My vote is for Dr. Patricia Davis (Progressive Eye Care) per Heather's recommendation below. She is terrific with kids. She has seen both my 3 year old son and 5 year old daughter. She even took off a small tag from my eyelid! Good luck.

I see Dr. Todd Robert in Downers Grove. He has 5 kids of his own and so he knows children well! The practice is: EYE CARE ASSOCIATES on HIghland Ave. I believe they are a VSP provider but you can call the office and check.

My whole family sees Dr. Richard Butz at Professional Eye Care Center in Naperville. He's very friendly, respectful, and great with the kids. Dr. Butz is very upfront and honest and he accepts VSP. The staff is friendly and welcoming. We've been going to them for years and couldn't be happier.
They're website is http://www.professionaleyecarecenter.com/

We also go to the Wheaton Eye Clinic. Our daughter has some special needs, but I understand that they're stellar for general work. We see Dr. Carolyn S. Oesterle, who's actually an ophthalmologist and she's great with our daughter.

We see Dr. Michael Kipp at Wheaton Eye Clinic. We've gone to offices in both Wheaton and Naperville. I can't say enough good things about them. It is totally worth going there -- I know that it will be more expensive, but for children especially, I would forget about trying to stay in VSP. Our experience with them has been that the provider selection was limited. Wheaton Eye Clinic has a large pediatric practice, a special kids waiting area with books, toys and videos, and a great selection of children's frames when its time to get glasses. You can go back often for adjustments and re-fittings (we are always bending our glasses out of shape) and I believe that they are still offering a 1 year full replacement warranty on all glasses purchased through them. They are just fantastic with kids. Also, if you have a flexible spending account, save your receipts for reimbursement. Your health insurance should cover the cost of the eye exam, with the exception of "refraction" which is basically how they determine what your Rx is. Usually they are running a special on one brand of frames (changes monthly) where you can get the frames and the lenses for around $150. Good luck!

1 / 3