Looking for "Formal Wear" for a 3 Year Old Boy.

We're looking for something that our 3 year old - almost 4 year old - boy could wear to a wedding. Any suggestions ? He's tall for his age, already in 5T or even 6T clothes. We found a blue blazer on the Land's End site, and wanted to compare it to something else but are having a hard time finding anything. We're looking for a jacket, something like a little blue, gray, or black jacket. What we find seems to be either way too expensive, or too poorly made.

Thanks everyone! I should have been clearer in what we were looking for, not something too formal, just something like a sports jacket, not really a tuxedo or a suit. I don't think he'd stand for anything more than that.

We were recently on a trip to visit relatives in New Jersey and stopped in a consignment shop there and found a great selection of jackets. Ended up buying two blue jackets, -- one that fits now - and we went ahead and bought one that is a little too big for the future. Might be wishful thinking that he's every going to need the bigger one, but we had such a hard time finding it, we thought we'd go ahead and get it.

So what he's going to wear is the blue jacket, a long sleeved oxford shirt, and khaki pants.

How formal is this wedding? A children's second hand store would have suits and suit jackets as these never wear out since kids grow out of them before having to wear them again. My son is a giant - and always has been. He was a ring bearer in his cousin's wedding and we had to rent a tux. It was $100 but came with shoes. My niece offered that he could wear a suit - but we knew he's have no need to wear it again so we just rented it. In the month between the fitting & the wedding he grew and the tux barely fit him!

For my other niece's wedding he wore dress slacks, a nice collared shirt and tie - no jacket. It was pretty formal - at a catering place. But it was in the the Summer and I knew most men would have their jackets off within 10 minutes. So I decied not to spend $100 for 10 minutes.

He's now 13 yrs old and 6'2" and my mom is in hospice now so we are planning her memorial service and again, I don't think I'm going to get a jacket for him since I know he'll never wear it again. Even shoes - ! Maybe I'll call the mens shop that we rented the tux from...

Try Once Upon a Child or other resale shop. Items like these are barely used so you can get a deal and they are in good condition. I agree with Patty though, be careful not too go too overboard or you will have a miserable 3 year old.

I have always had good luck at JC Pennys for this kind of stuff.

If you want formal, google "boys eton suit". They come in all sorts of colors and fabrics. If it is for a summer wedding the shorts (instead of long pants) suits would be great.

My boys got their dress pants, shirts, and ties from Kohl's for my sister's wedding in November. Great quality and very affordable.

We also got them button down shirts and sweater vests from there for family pictures the year before. Also a formal look and it was great.

I love the look of Seersucker suits on little boys in the summertime. You can get one with pants, or with shorts, and they just look so cute.

I'd check Sears or Macy's for kids' formal wear.

http://www.sears.com/clothing-boys-suits-dresswear&5/...

Children's Place has blazers that are reasonable and pretty well-made. You could also check Sears and JCPenney. They usually had toddler "suits" as well!

At that age, you could go with dark slacks, white button down with a tie and either a sweater vest or long-sleeved sweater (depending on weather). Add dark shoes and you're all set.

Not sure how much time you have, but this link might help.. we have used it several times.

http://www.butterflyxc.com/

Ross, that is where I got my sons suit for easter. it was $8.00.

1 / 3