Looking for "Beach Wedding Clothing" for Boys

My brother is getting married on the beach in the Dominican Republic in early March. I'm having a tough time finding appropriate clothing for my boys, ages 2 & 4. The bride and the moms are going to be really formal, but my brother is wearing linen pants and a linen shirt with the sleeves rolled. My soon-to-be sister-in-law has asked if my oldest will be the ringbearer, though she does not expect him to get really dressed up. She's said that shorts are fine for the boys. I've looked on all the common websites - GAP, Children's Place, JCrew, etc., but I'm having a hard time...

Does anyone know of a place where I can find something cute and stylish that is A) affordable and B) appropriate for this wedding???

Thanks for your help!!

Janie and Jack by far has the sweetest clothing for children and will probably have something that works for a wedding day. Sign up for their email newsletters so you can get coupons to help out with costs b'c this store is costly. Just google it to find their website.

Try The Children's Place now - online at least has their spring stuff right now and the stores should have it all soon. They even have linen pants and super cute button front shirts.

I would check with Macy's or a nice department store for something like khaki's or linen pants. This time of year they may even be on sale. I think a crisp white shirt, linen pants, and maybe a little blazer would be so adorable and they could go barefoot even.
Also for other occasions (wouldn't work for this) I love the site oohlalamama.com

You might check out Heartstrings.com. Very nice stuff. They also have a store locater so you may find a store near you that carries their products, or at least give you an idea of children's shops in the area.

Also, there's a store near Market Street in Colleyville, I think it's called Chelsea Lane. Expensive, but you might find what you're looking for there.

Try JCPenny's they have lots of dressy type clothes casual pants etc. Hope this helps.

I bought my boys some linen pants from Heritage House last Summer. I think they were around $30 a pair: http://www.boyssuits.com/boysuit.htm I would offer to resale them to you, but I think they're too big for your boys...size 7 & 8? Also, try Brooks Brothers.

Hey S.,
So, they are both really expensive places...HOWEVER, they were both having huge sales the last time I checked...I love j.crew's "crewcuts" for little guys...they carry linen type pants, those darling plaid shorts that can look very beach formal w/a white long sleeved button down (you can find those shirts or similar on clearance at old navy)...I also love mini boden (a UK store, online).
I know they are both VERY expensive, but, if you can find a sale, it can be great!! I have found amazing prices at both places...I NEVER BUY FULL PRICED ITEMS for my children at either of these stores! Anyhow, I believe Dallas finally got an actual crewcuts store, so, it might do you well to pop into one...and head straight for the clearance rack (it's brand new though, so their clearance might not be that great, and it's in a wealthier shopping district, so, the demand for full price items may be higher)
ALSO, if all else fails, just pair a formal button down + tie w/some less formal (but cute) shorts and some flip flops or white tennies...OR put your little guys in some easter pants (target always has seersucker around easter) and a white solid polo + stylish flip flops (old navy or gap).
haha, i just read this and realized I sound like a shopaholic! lol...i really don't spend tons on my kids...I actually shop all sales!

I would think JCrew (Crewkids) would be your best bet. Another option is Janie & Jack. If you don't mind shelling out some bucks, try Ella Bella in Southlake (WAY on the west side, almost Colleyville).

1 / 3