Late Period Due to Stress?

I have had a very stressful month. Including an unscheduled cross country move that took place in 3 weeks. Not to mention getting everyone settled in school, husband in new job,trying to buy a new car. You know the drill. I'm 38 and am 5 days late and for the first time ever nauseated at the strangest times. Is this stress? I've been uder a lot of pressure before and this has'nt happened. Maybe early menopause? Any input would be welcome.

Take a pregnacy test to rule that out. At least you will know and eliminate that potential stresser.

Yes, stress could cause your period to be late. The only way to make sure is to take a pregnancy test.

did your period ever come????

No honey I hate to tell you this but it sould like your with child. If this is great news god bless.

I was under a lot of stress in college and missed my period for 3 months. There was no chance that I was pregnant at all. My doctor gave me a pregnancy test just in case and when it came back negative- she gave me a pill to start my period again.

Stress could def be the reason. For the second time in my life, my period was late this month. We just moved, threw a birthday party for my daughter, and are dealing with some other stuff that I'm not going to talk about, but it caused me to be late. I hope whatever outcome you want, it what you get! :)

walmart and target sell tests for very cheap (I think walmart's is $3). Just go pick one up. If its positive, well, there you go. If its negative, its stress.

Well pregnancy comes to mind with the comment about nausea but stranger things have happened from being under too much stress. If it doesn't start for you soon, go to the doctor. They will give you a preggo test just to make sure and if it's all clear, then they can give you some meds to get it going again. I believe it's a very low dose of a hormone. Stress can do crazy things to us and there's no doubt that you've been under a lot of it!

It could be stress, but it probably wouldn't hurt to go and get a pregnancy test. Sounds like you could be pregnant. If this is good news, congratulations!!

1 / 3