Just for Fun - Kids' Favorite Clothes, Outfits and Unique Wardrobe Creations

One of our really good friends got our 3-year-old daughter a pair of cowboy boots for her birthday. Not just any cowboy boots. Hot pink cowboy boots with stars and rhinestones and silver studs all over them. And my daughter thinks they are the greatest things EVER. She has taken to wearing them everywhere, all the time, with whatever outfit she happens to have on - whether they "go" or not. She shows them off to anyone who will take notice. And I am okay with this, of course - I do think they are really cute but it's interesting when she is wearing a hooded sweatshirt, cotton leggings, and...the boots (maybe calling them cowGIRL boots would be more appropriate - she is also starting to bug me for a cowboy hat so she can, in her words, "go yee-hah!")

And when my one stepson was 8, he had a hooded sweatshirt from Old Navy that I swear was going to disintegrate before he would give it up due to it being too small. It was one I bought him and I am glad he really liked it, but I swear people were going to start thinking he was homeless judging from all the holes it eventually had.

So now I am curious as to what your kids got hooked on clothing-wise and what kind of interesting combos did they manage to put together when left to their own devices?

Ok so my baby is too young to put together weird creations yet, although I can't wait. I used to live with room mates and one of them had a little girl. She must have been 3 or 4 at the time, and we were all headed out for a day of shopping. The little girl came out of her room in her favorite "sleeper," which was the previous years tigger halloween costume and pink rain boots. Every little kid that day pointed at her and tried to get their moms attention. We went to a couple of really nice, high end stores too. HAHA. She wore that tigger costume forever. =)

My daughter still likes a tutu with rain boots or cowgirl boots! She's liked boots since she was a baby! She tends to always pick dresses, and anything sparkly or pink and purple. My little one will wear her lelli Kelly shoes with everything and they totally don't match!

My youngest (7) never likes her socks to match. The more they clash, the better!

My almost 3 year old daughter cracks me and my neighbors up every day with her combos. It's usually just panties and rainboots, but sometimes she adds a boa, jewelry and her sunglasses. We don't go anywhere without her sunglasses and a little girl asked me yesterday, "She is so cute! Is the like a rockstar or something?" lol.

My daughter has a pink care bears hoodie that has little bear ears on the hood... she wore it every day for 2 years straight...

She is now 14, and wears these knee high black leather combat boot things... they are really cute on her and I make sure she doesnt look like a fool before she leaves the house...she also wears little plaid skirts all the time...

My son just dug his dirty sweatshirt that he wore yesterday out of the hamper. It's a hand me down from his cousin. He has a closet of clean sweatshirts. Hw did this with his last favorite sweatshirt until he out grew it. I told him today that kids at school will think he's poor and notice that he keeeps wearing the same shirt. He's 11 and in middle school. UGH!
At least he's cute and clean!

So funny! My sisters little 3 yr old daughter changes her own clothes like 3 or 4 times a day, one minute she has leggings and sweater then summer outfit then next time you look she is wearing her Christmas party dress!! (In July) When she goes out though she always wears her butterfly halloween costume with pink rain boots and a tiara!! :-)

My daughter when she was 2-3-4 LOVED going out in her dress up Disney princess clothes incld. the wig! Her fav was Belle. She had a trunk full of disney princess stuff from tiaras, jewelry, wigs…you name it! Only thing she preferred was to wear them with her tennis shoes. She said the slip on sandals were too uncomfortable.Totally adorable! She is now 13 and all she likes to wear now are comfy clothes like stretch jeans and t-shirts! I miss the dress up days.

My 5 y/o Son loves his policeman rain boots. Wears them even when it’s hot. He wears them with whatever he has on. He went through a time at age 3 when he became totally attached to these PJ’s with dinosaurs on them. They were the full body PJs with the feet! Thank goodness he didn’t go to school because he wanted to wear them day and night, to the store, everywhere! Now they just don’t fit him anymore which is great because he started going to school this Fall!

1 / 3