Ideas for Birthday Snack at School - 2Nd Grade

Anyone have any ideas for a snack to take to school for my daughter's class on her birthday? I thought I'd ask, because I love this sight, people always have such great ideas! Anyway, my daughter's school will not allow you to bring in anything homemade, it has to be store bought. And, we need about 80 of whatever I decide to do. There are 3 2nd grade classes and you have to bring in for all 3 classes! I may just do cupcakes from Sam's Club, but that will be expensive. I will probably do cookies, but just thought I'd throw it out there and get some great advice. Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! We ended up buying those little mini donuts sold in tubs from Sam's Club. I bought 3 of them, because it didn't say how many came in the tub, and I wanted to make sure I had enough. My daughter's birthday is today, so hopefully they will be a hit. I know, everyone has a hard time believing we had to buy for 75 kids (plus a couple extra for the teachers), but that's the policy! And we are not allowed to bake either. The items must be store bought.

We also had to send the kids in with 75 Valentines too. Oh well, it's only this year, I hear 3rd grade doesn't include all the classes! Yahoo! Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for all the wonderful ideas. I knew I would get some great ideas. I loved the fortune cookie idea and might do that next year! Thanks again, this site is awesome!

I am shocked. I didn't know it was so bad now you cannot bring anything into school that is homemade. I had a reallly good idea for homemade but that is nixed so try getting the candy or stuff that is on sale after the holidays that are individually wrapped . Try rite aid they usually have fresh stuff.

WOW it is soooooo unreasonable to include all 3 classes. That just seems unfair to the parents. I would sathat maybe cupcakes are not the best idea as some kids have peanut allergies and there is no gurantee that sams/costco bakery is a peanut free enviornmet. I would say maybe get some sort of chewy fruit snacks at sams club or costco.

Wow, that is crazy! I have never heard of having to bring for all classes! I would go broke! I am thinking maybe the small donut holes might work also....you can get big containers at sams club I think. Pizza is also a good idea but with 80 kids it might get expensive...then again anything is expensive for 80 kids! Good Luck!

You'd have to ask the teacher about this one, and requires bravery on your part and teachers too.

See if you can have Sam's make plain cupcakes. Take all sorts of goodies and let them decorate their own cupcake. I did do this and the kids loved it. It wasn't as expensive in my case, the school did allow homemade. Put the topping in cups, on cookie sheets (that have the lip on them). This keeps the sprinkles a bit more confined. Plastic spoons and spreaders can be tossed to help clean up.

What about doing fortune cookies? You could purchase a box at a Chinese restaurant or go through the Oriental Trading Company. I think that they have fortune cookies with messages that say Happy Birthday, but I could be wrong. I know that they have a lot of creative and inexpensive items there that you can purchase in bulk.

This seems unreasonable to include all 3 classes. This means that they are probably averaging 2 to 3 birthday treats per week! I would question the school on that desision! Other than that, I have not met many kids that do not like the cookies from Sam's or Costco and I think you can get one for everyone for under $20.00.

I recently sent in some mini donuts for my son's birthday treat. They're not too expensive, you can get them at any grocery store, and you get about a dozen per box.

L.,

My son's school isn't so particular...and I can cook (I studied nutrition, food science and dietitics in school so I know the importance of having a clean kitchen)anyway-I bought cheese pizza for my son's class. They loved it-I only got one slice for each child and it was little ceasar's so $5 a pizza (guess that'd be about $40 for you though...maybe you should go with the cookies or individual bite size-no peanuts-chocolate bars) Well what ever you decide, I am sure that they will enjoy and apperciate...I still can not believe you have to buy for the entire 3rd grade classes..Wow. Happy Birthday to your daughter (enjoy it they go by so quickly...don't they)
R.

1 / 3