How to Get Oil Spot Out of Clothes.

In the last week I have come across a handful of articles of clothing that have oil spots on them. It seems to have gotten on at least on article for each family memeber. Any ideas of how this could happen?

Any great and easy solutions to getting these oil spots out of clothes?

I've had great luck with Zout spray. It can be found at Meijers, Target and Walmart usually. Good luck!

Use a grease fighting dishsoap on the area without getting it overly wet. Then rub baking soda on the area to lift the stain more and repeat the scrub with dishsoap. After this wash as normal and it should come out no problem!

Dear S. S.,

If you have a dollar store in your area, there is a product called "Greased Lightning" that takes out grease so well and even mildew. Most of the dollar stores carry it. You can buy it in a 32 ounce spray bottle or a 64oz. refill bottle and they are both about $4 a bottle.

It works the best of anything I have ever tried.

Hope this helps. A co-worker used to wear very dressy clothes and our factory makes metal vehicle parts so there is grease everywhere and he always used the Greased Lightning.

L. C.

Try shampoo...or dish soap...directly on the spot and rub it in well. Then launder as usual.

We get little oil spots on clothes every once in a while; seems like someone had a stain and the washing machine shared it around a bit. What I tend to do is spray them down with Shout or some stain treatment and let them sit a little while and then wash them twice, with a quick stain treatment in between. That tends to work pretty well. Good luck!

Hi S., don't know how they are getting there, but Murphy's oil soap has worked for me in the past...pour some directly on the stain, and work it in with a brush, rinse repeat, let it set for awhile, and then wash as normal in the machine. My little boy threw a ball to my daughter who was standing next to a bucket of freshly collected oil from their father's truck, and it was all over both of them. I used the murphy's and it worked like a charm. good luck!

maybe its your machine thats getting oil on the clothes??I know once they start to that then its time to get someone in too have a look and see .........then again I could be way wrong too .......I use shout (white & red bottle)on all our clothes and it gets out stains that missed me the first time.

good luck

The best and safest way I know is Sol u Mel from Melaleuca...
Catalog store.
It even woks on Ink, Paint and all greasy stains.
You have to be a member to get it but I would be glad to let you try some.
Call me or email me and I can get it to you :)
I do not sell anything but I can refer you to the company that sells it.J.
PS I stay at home and love it to :)

I had this happen once when my washer broke down. Something to do with the bearings, I think. I used Dawn dishsoap and got most of the stains out. Not everything came clean but, it's worth a try. Good luck.

1 / 3