Greasy Dirt Stains on Pants

Hi Ladies! Okay- yet again I have gotten splashes on my pants from the puddles in the parking lot (Target this time...). My husband gets these as well. There must be some kind of oils or something that mix in because these stains do not come out when washed. Anyone else encounter this? Any ideas on how to get these stains out? Thanks!!

I started using something I had not seen before, it is Spray and Wash in an aerosol can, it is for greasy stains, and it takes out everything, even after it has been washed and dried multiple times. I had decided to wear the clothes just for house cleaning and stuff and the stains came out, it was like getting new clothes.

Try treating the spots with a little dishsoap (regular Dawn) and soft toothbrush before laundering in the hottest possible water.

Yes dishsoap should get it out. Rub dishsoap on the grease. You can rub the stain from the backside into a towel, but let the dishsoap sit for a while first. It will pull the grease/oil out. It works for cooking oil stains also.

My husband is a flatbed truck driver, so comes home frequently with these types of "mystery" stains all over his clothing. I have found that the best way to remove them is to pour 1 can of Coke in the wash with my regular detergent. It does not break down the fibers in your clothes, but the acid content in that Coke will yank out the oil/grease/dirt on the first try!

Best of luck!

I have no idea...but I would love to know. I just spilled bacon grease all over my favorite jeans last week! Ugh! I hope someone has an answer.

check the inside of your washer lid; usually it will have some kind of key on there for what is what.

what i can think of offhand is rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide.... vinegar?
good luck

I pour some of the detergent directly onto the stain and work it in with a brush. I still wash them in cold water and the stains usually come out.

Dip a firm toothbrush in some Amonia and work it into the stain.Rinse with cool water and repeat then launder the garment in cool water as usual. Since you already washed it ,and chances are with warm water, the stain could be set. If the garment went through the dryer the stain may never come out.

1 / 3