How to Clean a Flat Surface Stove Top?

We just bought a new house and we have one of those flat top cook surfaces for the first time and I have no idea how to clean it. We had a milk spill over which burnt on the surface and we CANNOT get it clean no matter what we do. We even bought a special cleaner at Home Depot which did not work. Any suggestions on how to clean it would be much appreciated.

Try Cerama Bryte (sp?) I believe my parents bought it at Lowe's.
They have a flat surface stove and it works great.

I've had a flat top stove for the last five years and for the super bad stuff like you're describing, I use AJAX and a wet cloth. Wet the area really good and then sprinkle the ajax and let it sit a few minutes and then go back and work it off. It has never scratched my stove, it looks as perfect as the day it was new.

In our last house we had one that came with a blade to scrape it much like a razor blade. We bought it at Sears, and it was a blessing. I had some cleaner (sorry don't remember what it was) we poured it on and scraped it off. Never damaged the top.

I have a gas cooktop now, and although I like gas much better, I miss how easy my old one was to clean!

We use Cerama Bright and this special little scrubber thing that came with it - I use that on my major weekly cleanings. I also will go over it with Clorox wipe, then remove the streaks with a paper towel on my nightly cleanings.

1 / 3