How Much Does the Average Woman Weigh?

I am getting older and feeling frumpier...and heavier...I am 42....what does the average woman around my age weigh?... Just curious.

when i go to walmart i feel great because usally i'm one of the skinnier ones there, Business functions with my husband I am an obese cow next to size 2 super models. At home, I am 37, 165 and eating icecream. size 12 ish

http://commonsensehealth.com/Womens-Health/Healthy_Weight...

I found this website. Age,height and weight for a small,medium and large body frame type. ;)

Don't know, I am 5' 4", 34 and when I'm not expecting - lol, I weigh 185 lbs. And yes according to others I'm over weight, but according to my doctors my blood work is always way better then the average, my BP is super, and I'm as healthy as a ox... so does my heaviness really matter? Hubby still loves me & I can still do everything I love to - so I say no.

I am an UN-average woman at 6'1" tall.

When I'm 160-180 pounds I'm a size 9/10 and I can wear a bikini with pride.
When I'm 180-200 I'm a size 12
When I'm 200-220 I'm a size 14
When I'm 220-240 I'm a size 16
When I'm 240-260 I'm a size 18

((Actually, 9 is the LOWEST size I go to... at 120 with my hipsockets showing and *massively* undweight/anorexic... I'm also a size 9. At this height I have weighed 123 and WELL over 300lbs -when I was pregnant I doubled my weight. I'm currently somewhere in the middle.))

My FAVORITE weight is 160-170. BEFORE becoming a mom (with belly skin issues) I was 30lbs per size. Now that I need plastic surgery on me tummy, I jump up at 20lbs so I don't muffin top with the extra skin on my waist. I was carrying 40lbs in my uterus... the average weight a quadruplet or full term triplet mother carries. My doctors strike 20-25lbs off my scale weight due to the extra skin :( :( :(

I GET ya on feeling frumpy. I MISS my old body (especially now, since my right arm is in a sling, and my right leg is in a brace :P). Usually I can just stay BEHIND the camera and be happy with myself because my body lets me do fun stuff! Currently, though, I'm Gimpy McGimperson. So I'm struggling with a wee bit of depression over it.

Unfortunately the metabolism slows down after thirty. They say that the body changes every ten years. Go exercise and drink more water. Watch carb intake ie,pasta and breads and of course the sugar intake. I am your age and lost 29 pounds since this past november. If you feel frumpy then it is time to go shopping and buy some new clothes and may be a new hair style. Wear heels if you can,they do make you feel sexier. May be get a new bra and panty set. I do not know what the average woman weighs. It depends on your height and frame. I would look it up on the internet. Best of luck

Well -proper weight has nothing to do with age. It has everything to do with height and body frame. For example -I'm 41, 5'8" with a medium to large frame. My proper weight range is about 145 -160 or 164 (depending on what charts you look at). If you're 5'2" with a small frame, then we shouldn't really weigh anything close to each other. When you find the proper weight for your height and frame, then you can usually find age-related charts. However, charts usually don't change for age until you are in your mid-50s or 60s. Google "Adult Female Height/Weight Charts" and look at ones from the AMA, NIH, Weight Watchers -those types of organizations.

This really isn't the right way to go about finding this out as women are so different and you dont really know how healthy they are, even by knowing their weights. A better option would be to google a BMI index to find out what a healthy weight range is for your height. Your weight shouldn't necessarily increase just because you get older.

ETA: I don't go by "average size" either...not when obesity rates are what they are. Just because the average size may be a 14 doesn't mean that's a good or healthy thing. On some women it may be, but not all - for me, that size would put me at a very unhealthy weight.

I'm 50 years old. I am 5'4" and I weigh about 125. When I graduated from high school I weighed 118.

My mother was my height and weighed probably double my weight. I was blessed with my father's metabolism along with his inability to eat large amounts or to eat when not hungry. I just can't. I am also blessed/cursed with a NEED to exercise. If I don't, I can be crabby, unfocused, lathargic, pacing the floor, or worse. So, I run and train in Karate regularly. I'm thinking of adding some weight training, which I've done in the past, and is especially good for aging bodies.

1 / 3