How Do You Repel Bees and Wasps?

Hi Moms,

Do any of you know how to repel bees and wasps? Would insect repellant work? I am looking for something to put on my skin, for example, at the pumpkin patch on October, where there are bees EVERYWHERE. I got stung last year, and I do not want to have a repeat this year! Thanks!

I have not tried this, but read somewhere that rubbing a regular Bounce softener sheet on your skin would repel the bees and wasps. I guess it's worth a try. I've also heard that spraying regular Listerine around an area would keep mosquitos away, but don't know about the stinging critters. Bounce would smell better! Perhaps you could find more ideas online. I do know that perfume, hairspray, and even scented shampoo can attract them, though, so be sure not to use those things when you'll be outside and possibly near bees and wasps. Good luck!

Be sure not to wear bright clothing and check your shampoo to see if it has florals in it. It could be that you're just too sweet for your own good! :)

I have sold Avon for 5 years now and I have tons of people who swear by the SSS Bath oil for warding off mosquitos and bugs. SSS Bug spray also works better because its a stronger dose. So find your local rep and stock up or go off my website and order some! Bath oil is on sale 6.99 for 13 oz bottle right now or bug spray is 14 but I have some on hand for 6.99 a bottle. I could ship to you if you want. Give me a call # is ###-###-####.

1 / 3