March 10, 2009,
L.H. asks from Bethlehem, PA on February 26, 2009
T.W. answers from Reading on March 10, 2009
Hi! Use baby powder to get the Vaseline out. My friends daughter did the same thing and the powder does wonders.
C.C. answers from Philadelphia on February 27, 2009
Corn starch powder all over her hair and then brush out then shampoo with dish detergent. follow up with regular shampoo and conditioner.
B.D. answers from Lancaster on February 27, 2009
My younger brother put vaseline through his hair when he was younger - your post is making me giggle to remember it - I think it really just stayed greasy for a while, and eventually washed out.
S.S. answers from Scranton on February 26, 2009
Try lemon juice-it is has a drying effect.
D.W. answers from Philadelphia on February 27, 2009
I was reading online to use egg that is beaten and use apple cider vinegar.I would also try dawn dishsoap.
V.F. answers from Scranton on February 27, 2009
Use the Dawn dish washing liquid, even detergent won't get it out. I've used it before to get both vaseline, peanutbutter and zinc ointment out of clothes and off little bodies.
B.G. answers from Harrisburg on February 28, 2009
Try the clarifying shampoo by Circle of Friends. This is a salon brand for kids. This removes chlorine, buildup and anything that is in the hair that should not be. Try scrubbing it twice then follow up by a cond. You might need to do this for 2 or 3 days but should work. Not sure where you are located but I live in Mechanicsburg and we sell it at the salon I work in. Our salon is Horsefeathers. If this is to far, try a kids salon if you have one. Or you can check on line for salons that sell it under the circle of friends website.
Hope this helps. B.
OK so I have to add to this. Why in the world would anyone put paint thinner or chemicals in their childs hair. I read through some of the responses and CAN NOT believe it!!!!!
A.W. answers from Philadelphia on February 27, 2009
i think you need to use clarifying shampoo or something vinegar based. The acidity cuts through the grease... just be careful of the eyes! i Saw one of the other moms suggested Go-Jo (the mechanics' hand cleaner). That stuff has a lot of chemicals in it, so I would use it as a last resort.
S.Y. answers from Pittsburgh on February 27, 2009
I don't have the definitive answer what TO do, but I have to put my two cents in here (quel suprise! lol)
I see some people mentioned goo gone, paint thinner and a few harsh chemicals. PLEASE do not put this near a child...check on the labels there are SERIOUS wanings not to have ANY skin contact...it can be severly toxic.
Also, hydrogen peroxide will bleach the hair platinum.
I just realized that I sometimes "correct" others on Mamasource....I don't mean to be self-righteous or bossy (really!!) I just have to speak up when it comes to little humans. Just call me very Pro-Child. :)
p.s Anyone, fell free to comment on my answers, too.....