Help! How Do I Get a & D Ointment Out of My Daughter's Hair?!?

Hi Moms -
well, I learned a good lesson the other day - don't let two three year old girls play unsupervised in one's bedroom! They got into the A & D ointment and one "painted" the other - and now it is in my daughter's hair! We have shampooed three times Sunday, two last night, and again tonight! Any suggestions welcome!

Hi everyone - thanks for all the responses! We washed her hair a ton, used my husbanad's Pert, Palmolive Dishwashing liquid, her organic kid shampoo - and after about a week, her hair was back to normal (or close to it!).
The sheets are coming along - I used Lestoil to get the Balmex out, and now I need to get the Lestoil smell out!
I washed them about 10 times, and now am letting them hang outside to air out...but with all this rain, I bet they won't dry until August! Thanks again, everyone!

My daughter did that at a much younger age. We also shampooed her hair a ton. It took about a week before it was all out, but it did go away eventually!

Try dish detergent, that works for motor oil too. Make sure you condition afterwards! Hope it helps :)

Dawn or Ivory liquid detergent works, wash 2 or 3 times being very careful not to get it in her eyes then follow up with your regular shampoo. Smiles... C. H

Apply shampoo to dry hair, and keep washing hair. It will eventually come out. Dish liquid would work, but it might be tough to keep it out of her eyes. It will eventually all come out. Good luck.

Maybe dish washing liquid?

Unscented Dawn dish liquid diluted 1 part soap to 3 parts water and then combed through and rinse after a couple of minutes. Environmental groups use Dawn on water birds and animals after oil spills. Finish with a diluted vinegar rinse and then a detangling conditioner---good to know A&D is as water proof as they claim!!!!!

do not wash it out, you might dry out the scalp scrubbing it .. try a soft brush and loads of baby powder... good luck..

Hi E.,
Put her into the tub......pour blue "Dawn" Dishwashing liquid on her head....full strength.
( It's a de-greaser ) Gently rub it in to her scalp...don't let her lean forward.... it will sting if it gets in her eyes. Dawn will break down the ointment. Rinse by laying down in the tub....then have her take a shower so she can rinse her hair really well.
You may have to do this a couple of times.

1 / 3