Help! My Daughter Has Pimple like Spots All over Her Buttox and Legs

I have been treating her with acne medication b/c I thought it was a little break out, but now it has gotton worse and is spreading. I am making an appointment for her to see the pediatrician tomorrow, but does anyone have an idea as to what this might be and if it is contagious? They are painful and she doesn't like me to touch them. I am worried that it might be impetigo...

Well, the end result from a doctor that I respect is, "It is nothing to worry about and it will go away on its own." He recommended that I use a warm compress to one "hard cyst like boil" so that it would bring the head to the surface faster, ie, and heal. I will continue to monitor her symptoms and if I feel that she needs to have another qualified doctor look at it again, it's worth the co-pay. Thanks for all your imput and advice.

Hi, My best friends daughter had this. (SOUNDS LIKE THE SAME THING) She took her to the doctor. If it is the same it is a viral thing you can get from public places. They think my friends daughter got it from the pool or changing room at the pool at the gym. They gave her a cream to put on it. Good luck and get to the doc!

Please call your doctor immediately. This sounds exactly like what my son had, and it was a strep infection (e.g. like strep throat, but it was "strep butt" as we called it.) It is extremely contageous and will not go away without antibiotics! It may be something different, but it sounds exactly like what he had--I too treated it like a blocked pore or pimple at first, but fact that it spread is what alarmed me.

My daughter had something like that last year. They said it was folliculitis (sp?) Anyway, they used and antifungal to treat it. The bumps started out red, then got hard little white heads with red rings around it. It was painful for my daughter. It still comes and goes, but not like the original break out.

I would also call the nurse today and see if there was anything that you could try on it today to help minimize the discomfort. If you have some nystantin around the house, just toss it on there to see if it makes a difference.

Have you tried cornstarch, Aveeno Oatmeal lotion, or calamine lotion. Also, if you have to touch them, try putting socks on your hands first. Neosporin is also good for lesions.

Hi M. S...figured I'd put my 2 cents in here :)

I'm sure you've already stopped putting anything on the rash and you already have an appointment for tomorrow so there's not much you can do right now other than make her comfortable. Please try not to worry. :)

My children (all 3) have gotten almost every skin infection/problem under the sun(even impetigo which incidentally dr treated conservatively w/ OTC anitibiotic ointment) so I can def. empathize with what you must be feeling.

Hang in there! :)

yeast could it be yeast? OR a fungal infection or bacterial infection needing antibiots
how did it og what was it?

See your doctor. It could be a staph infection.

It sounds like maybe something called muscullom (I am not totally sure how to spell). It is a wart that looks very pimplish. I think it can be contagious and can spread a bit (though I had my infant son at the time and none of us got it). We say a pediatric dermatologist who helped us clear it up through oral meds. Good luck!

It sounds like something my daughter had when she was younger called follecculitis. It had to be treated with an antibiotic ointment.

My daughter had pimple-like rash all over her bottom and when I took her to the doctor it ended up being a staph infection. She had to go on antibiotics and a prescribed cream. They said if the start to look like boils to take her to the hospital asap. That never happened but keep an eye on it. It could also be molluscum like what was said. It's good you're taking her to the doctor. Good luck!

It could be something as simple as eczema, which can be treated with a cream.

It sounds like it could possibly be Molluscum Contagiosum. If so, it is quite contagious. It is a benign wart like virus, but can live 6 months to 5 years! without treatment. My daughter is currently treating with a dermatologist and it has not been a pleasant experience. If this is in fact your daughter's diagnosis, I would encourage prompt treatment to try to limit additional spreading.