Spots on My Daughter

Hey everyone, my daugher has spots on her that appeared from nowhere. There are probally ten of them total. Going from memory, there are 3 on each of her sides, 2 or 3 on belly, and 1 just below her underwear line. I have no idea what they are? They are slighly raised and kinda look like pimples, but there dosen't seem to be anything in it. She dosen't itch. No fever. Same ole happy go lucky.

And before you guess, no, not chicken pox, she's been vaccinated, and they don't look like chicken pox plus they don't itch. It's not measles or mumps, or hand and foot disease. I know what all of those look like.
Any ideas? And before someone says something about asking someone where I work, not only am I usually too busy to stop and do anything, but I also don't work till the weekend, and I only ever talk to nurses, and they can't diagnose.

Okay, for anyone else who answers, I said no to chickpox mainly because it dosen't look like it, and from what I can tell online, it dosen't look like molluscum really either. These spots do not look like they have any fluid in them at all. And they are more red than raised(not wart like). The eczema is an idea, but I didn't know you could get spots like that? She had eczema when she was a baby but it was short lived. I'll just have to call the doc.
Thankyou ladies for the responses so far!

The verdict is in!!! She went to the doctor today. I made the appointment yesterday and last night about 10 more spots popped up, but this time on the back of her legs, which made me a little extra worried. The original ones have started to fade away, a few are barely there.
Anyways, the doctor said it is dry skin. Which is good news considering? Poor thing got some of the not so good Daddy genes. The doctor gave some cream to put on it, but we'll have to be better about putting lotion on in these dry months I guess!

Like others have said, just because she's been vaccinated doesn't mean she won't get chicken pox - and in most of the cases I've known about including my siblings and I, it started out on the tummy, and didn't itch at first either.

Have you changed laundry detergent recently? It could be an allergic reaction if you have. Have you tried putting a cortizone creme on it to see if that affects anything?

Just a few thoughts I had - good luck!

Yes, my daughter had this when she was a baby. I don't remember what it's called, but it's a virus that affects the trunk, and I think also the palms and soles of feet sometimes. It just goes away on its own, so I wouldn't worry if there are not other signs of illness. I think it is contagious.

My daughter recently had strep and asked and looked for spots on elly an d below the underwear line. Could be a rash fom a virus.

My son had something similar but it was just on his bottom. It looked like little random spider bites. Some would have white heads others just red spots and they didn't seem to bother him. Our doctor seems to think it is folliculitis and is treating him with a topical and oral medication. A lot of times it is caused from bath toys that hold water. They are basically just homes for germs and bacteria to multiply. On top of the medication she just said to clean the tub really, really well and throw away any toys that hold water, use antibacterial soap for a week and see if it doesn't go away. I believe the medicine he is on is also for impetigo. Good luck! At least you are armed with some similar scenarios before you head to the doctor!

Hi J., my son had spots - raised bumps that were a little wart-like. They looked like pimples, and at first they were just on his belly and neck. They didn't go away, but they didn't bother him, so we didn't worry. Then several months later, he got a few on his face. So, (of course) he would pick or scratch, and they got red like pimples would, but after the redness went away, the bumps stayed.
I finally took him to his pediatrician. She told us she thought it was some sort of wart, and sent us to a dermatologist. The dermatologist told us they are a type of wart, caused by a virus, and can take over a year to clear up on their own. Adults are no longer able to get them; we at some point become immune. I guess everyone gets the virus, but not everyone gets the bumps? I had never seen them before...
Anyway, it is very contagious, so your daughter should not bathe with siblings. If it's too late, then it's too late... The dermatologist gave us some expensive cream (Aldara) and you only put a pin drop of it directly onto the wart every 2 days and over the course of about 2 weeks (if I remember correctly) they clear up. If they give you single dose packages, to make the medicine last longer, poke the package with a sterilized pin to get the cream out, then refrigerate it for the next dose. The docs told us that one, not just us being cheap!
Best of luck to you!

Just a few thoughts I had - good luck!

I'm probably wrong...just an outside chance. Maybe bedbugs? That's the first thing that popped into my head. Probably since they have been in the news a lot lately. Just wanted to mention it in case you were thinking it could only be a virus. But unlikely, I'm sure! :) GL to ya!

Take her to the doctor, regardless of what we all think it might be. But here is my thought....Molluscum contagiosum. Sounds worse online then what it is, my son had a very small case of it a year ago.

A child can still get chicken pox even though they have been vaccinated. They tend to get a very mild case as you have described. Chicken pox aren't always itchy either. My son had a very similar case and we would have never known that was it other than he was around a boy that did have chicken pox one week prior to his outbreak, which is the usual incubation period. You will know it is chicken pox if the pimple (clear fluid head) dries up and then turns into a red dot and then finally disappears over the next 10 days. Your best bet is to take her to the doctor for proper diagnosis.

My youngest son (almost 2) just recently had a pimpley looking rash (about 6 pimples) on his bottom. I didn't know what it was.. but took him to the pediatrician when one of them started to kind of look infected. It turned out to be impataigo. I was shocked because my 3 older boys had impataigo at one point or another when they were small, but I didn't remember it looking like a pimple like that. But that's what it was.... just an idea. =)

1 / 3