Bumps on Back of My Daughter's Legs

Hello moms, I am stumped on this one. My 7 year old daughter has excema and she has these bumps on the back of her legs, like behind her knees and up the back of her leg. I was concerned about them and took her to an alergist which told us that it was excema. But they have now started looking like little pimples like they are infected and have spread. They look really weird. I bought some anti-biotic cream to rub on them, but wonder if it don't get better, should I take her to see her allergist again or a regular doctor. Anybody gone through this before?? Thanks!

Take her to see her pedi, if she has been scratching the bumps or something they may in fact be infected and you want to get the right antibiotics for that ASAP.

My daughters eczema was exactly like you describe. The pedi perscribed a steroid cream for it, and cetaphil (We used the generic Wal-Mart brand and it worked just fine.) The summertime heat always made it worse, but using the two creams constantly worked very well to clear it up.

http://www.molluscum-contagiosum.net/?gclid=CML_08C9gpsCF...

So it sounds like Molluscum, which is very common with kids. Read up on it...both my kids and a nephew had it. Schools hate it b/c it is contagious but not to worry ~ it is treatable. I would stay away from the Dermatologist b/c our experience has been that medical treatments are caustic, hurt and leave scars. I used the product above with great results ~ just takes regular treatment and a little time.

My daughter had the same thing when she was little--and now her kids do, too. It IS excema. We had to take her completely off of chocolate, which is a major offender. You might call your allergist's office and ask for a list of the foods your child should avoid.

Another thing--the antibiotic cream will not help at all. You will need to get a steroid cream--my daughter used Kenalog--although that's been over 20 years ago. The doctor will have to write a prescription for such a cream, I think.

My daughter is now 30 years old but had it on the back of her neck when she was around 3. I took her to a dermatologist as her's were also infected looking and scratching made it worse not to mention it was causing some of her hair to fall out. They precribed a form of liquid penicilin and it cleared up in about a year and never returned. We did however started using soap for sensitive skin for bathing and by no means use Tide to wash her cloths.

i would definitely take her to the dr. it sounds like what my daughter had. it was eczema that got infected. you have to be careful that it doesn't turn into a staph infection or other skin infections. check to see if she has a fever. i thought my daughter was teething and never thought it was an infection. thankfully hers cleared on it's own (since we were out of state and couldn't get to her dr until christmas eve). they still gave me a topical antibiotic cream and a different med to prevent the ecezma. make sure that you use a good lotion (the pharmacist recommended aquaphor) 2x daily to help prevent the outbreaks of eczema. in the summer it gets worse as the skin is drier. i have eczema also and taking an allergy med daily (actually singulair) prevents me from having outbreaks. you may want to discuss with the dr/allergist. let me know if you have any more questions. unfortunately it seems like i've been through all the meds or tried every suggestion so i have lots of info :o)

i would take her to a regular doctor then if you dont get the answer for her i would go to a skin doctor dermatoligost (sp) hope she gets better soon!

For my friend, his bumps turned out to be a nutritional deficiency for vitamin A. You can find it in drops.

Sounds like it could be molluscum contagiosum.You can do a google search to find pictures and descriptions. My son had them for almost a year before we found a treatment that worked. We took him to a pediatric dermatologist at Texas Children's Critical Care clinic. They applied blister beetle juice (painless procedure) to a few of the bumps which caused the immune system to kick in and eliminate all of the bumps within a few weeks. He has been bump free for a few months. They do become angry red and look like pimples before they pop. The white stuff inside is the contagious part, so be careful.

1 / 3