Formal Gowns for 10-12 Year Olds

My two pre-teen girls will be in a pageant next month. They have to wear floor length gowns. I have looked in department stores but cannot find anything. All the dresses are too short. If I look in the Junior department the dresses are not age-appropriate. Does anyone have any idea where I can find a floor length, non frilly, solid color gown? (I also don't want to spend too much money!)

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. My neighbor is a seamstress, and works at a fabric store. I think, if the bridal shops are too expensive, I will ask for her help. the website I was directed to is wonderful, but I need the dresses in a month, and they have a 6-8 week delivery time.

bcbg max azria is having a sale right now. they have a star at north star and la cantera. they have beautiful long gowns. sometimes you can find great dresses/gowns at Marshalls. good luck

you can try a wedding shop. They are not too badly priced or a wedding rental shop or second hand shop that sells or rents dresses from previous weddings.

Maybe a bridal shop? They should have jr bridesmaid dresses. You will most likely have to order it and maybe even have it aulterd (which they should do also), so I would act fast.

The best place I have found are thrift stores.

Have you tried JCP's? Also the regular bridal stores but those are expensive. In North Start the Jessica McClintock store is a good place to look. Last resort for me would be Eduardo's on San Pedro. Good Luck

Bridal stores! Used bridal shops. They have flower girl dresses, junior bridesmaid dresses, you name it. My daughter was in National American Miss last year and they require age appropriate dresses and we went to these types of stores. They are your best bet, especially the used shops. Let us know how it goes!

may i suggest having them made. you can by the material and the pattern at the fabric store and take them to a seamstress (? spell). it shouldnt cost much but its just a suggestion.

Hello C. -

Try a bridal store. Sometimes they have bridesmaids gowns or flower girl gowns in all sizes. They may also be able to order the correct size or alter the gown itself if they do not have one that fits.

Hope this helps!

1 / 3