Fatigue During Menstruation?

I have tried finding info online about this, but nothing conclusive or helpful came up. Every month I have one day during my cycle that completely wipes me out. This time it's been TWO days and it feels like this is going to be day 3 of this. It's driving me crazy to feel this way. It's never been this bad. All I can really manage to do is sleep and I'm still tired. I'm not anemic and am fine otherwise and on other days. Does anyone else experience this and know of anything I can do or take to help?

Don't ya love hormones? GRRRRR

That's how I feel right about now.
Try a multivitamin even though you are not anemic, and drink lots of fluids. That helps me.

Don't ya love hormones? GRRRRR

That's how I feel right about now.

increase your potassium (mmmmm bananas) level a week prior, it really helps!!!

My fatigue experience is REALLY bad the day before I start, and the first day of menstruation. My bff is the same. It's all I can do to get off the couch on those days (which of course I have to do...but I'm really really tired and it seems like everything is a chore). Those two days are definately days that we have leftovers (or super simple) for dinner, and lots of activities that the children can do themselves or with minimal help from me. Good days to send the boys outside...
My bff is the same. I don't take vitamins all the time, but definately do take a vitamin and an iron tablet on those days, and that helps a lot. If I do those things, and drink a lot, I do have better days.

I get like that.. it's usually just ONE solid day of extreme fatigue, but once in a while a wrench gets thrown in my gears and it can go on for 3-4 days. It's far and few between, and I chalked it up to my body changing as I get older.

I've also noticed that if I don't give myself a real break on that first day, it almost always drags on for another day because I never gave my body time to recover properly the first time.

Go take a serious NAP ;)

When I had my periods I was not anemic until I started my cycle. The doctor diagnosed me low in iron and the tell tale sign was fatigue and that my fingernails had a blue tint to them. All I wanted do was sleep in the worst way otherwise I was fine the rest of the month.

So do get a good iron pill. My daughter craves spinach just before her cycle (lots of iron) and has my cramps. I sure wish she didn't but that's life.

Good luck to you. I hope you find something that really works for you.

The other S.

I do, I do!! I've only really noticed it recently myself as well. It starts the day before I do & lasts for about 2-3 days each month. Usually I know I'm going to start the next day when my eyes are rolling up in my head by 730pm.

I'm so glad you posted this question! I'm going through the fatigue right now and it sucks! Good to see all the suggestions here. I will definitely try the B complex. I usually get a whopper of a headache the day before too.

Oh, I have at least one day during my cycle that I am just exhausted. I have no idea why, but it has been this way for years. I just go to bed super early on that day. Best when that day hits on a weekend and I can just give in to it - then I feel fine the next day.

I think it is just my body and hormones working overtime.

But, now that you mention it, I think I will ask my doctor about it when I go for my physical.

Try vitamin B12 - I find it makes me feel better.

1 / 3