Tired of Being Tired - Moscow,ID

I'm always tired! This isn't a new thing, either. Even long before my step daughter moved in with us, I was exhausted all the time. There's really no reason for it, either. In theory, I get enough sleep and I know I eat well. I used to work out on a daily basis, but even then I was tired. I'd like to get back in to it but...I just don't have the energy!
I wake up at 5am five or six days a week. Then I work in a local vet clinic for 7 to 8 hours cleaning up messes, wrangling and walking dogs, doing laundry...basically anything that makes the vets and techs jobs easier. Then I head home, hang out with the family for a bit, make dinner, give the kiddling a bath, put her to bed, take a shower, and hit they hay myself, usually around 9pm. Rinse, repeat.
I wake up tired, I go to work tired, I go to bed tired. I'm tired of it! Does anyone have any ideas? Hints? Pills, supplements, magic potions? I need more energy!

Get tested for food intolerances. I was shocked when I found out I'm gluten intolerant. But after a couple of days, I was a new person. Amazing. Also try vitamin B supplements and probiotics.

Dr. Oz just had a segment on his show about women that were exhausted. There were many possible reasons and he also gave some fixes to help out. Pre-diabetes, low testosterone, sleeping with a pet in bed, prescribed and over the counter medication side effects, these were just a few of the things listed. Go to his web site, doctoroz dot com and see some of the ways to find out what it is and how to reverse it.

Oh, the vet work, I've done that and it is very tiring!

But, I also suffer from fatigue. It is amazing how much it can plague your life. I have a natural remedies book that is very well researched by experts.

Fatigue can often be caused by a lack of something in your diet. For me, I have a Vit D deficiency and get anemic easily, I am also hypoglycemic... all things that contribute to fatigue. Depression, stress, thyroid problems and other medical conditions can cause chronic fatigue, so if it is persistent, than you should go for a blood test to see if there are underlying causes.

So, other than getting plenty of rest, exercise, and eating healthy, (healthy pairings of carbs+proteins together), nuts, veggies, fresh fruits and lean meat, there are some additional supplements you can take. Eating small, healthy meals every 3-4 hours will also help.

"Take B-vitamins to drive energy production. Also add magnesium, alpha lipoic acid, L-carnitine and coenzyme Q10 to your supplement regimen. All of these vitamins and minerals increase your energy and aid in fighting fatigue symptoms naturally. Consult with your doctor before taking any supplements."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/341116-how-to-fight-fat...

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/your-guide-to-never...

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/fight-fatigue

Definitely go for a well check up/physical and mention this to your doctor. It could be many things. Here's just a few things that come to mind:

Low iron
Low blood sugar
Not getting to stage 4 sleep (maybe due to sleep apnea)
Your thyroid is not regulating properly

I get so exhausted for two or three days out of the month but that's just because my period is about to start. Oh... I can't even imagine having to feel exhausted DAILY like you seem to experience. Good luck and really.... you should have tests done to find out what's causing you to be exhausted so often.

Do you think you might have a sleep disorder? I was just diagnosed with sleep apnea much to the surprise of all of my doctors. They all thought I didn't fit the mold for sleep apnea. Normal weight, female, fit, etc. Turns out I have a pretty bad case of it. I am doing CPAP therapy and feel better than I have in probably 15 or more years! I used to be tired all the time. Each afternoon I felt like I was going to go into a coma. Each night I had to talk myself into surviving until I got the kids to bed. Some nights I had to lay down at 7pm and make my husband take over for the rest of the evening. Now I have tons of energy, no brain fog, can function well until well into the late hours after getting up at 6:30am. I do my best to get 8 hours of sleep with the CPAP and I'm much more productive during the day.

Try to get your insurance to pay for a sleep center test if at all possible. It's so worth knowing what you are dealing with.

Yes!!!! Have your thyroid tested. Diagnosing my low (hypo) thyroid changed my life.

I'd make an appointment with your doctor. It could be many things, but a common cause of chronic fatigue is hypothyroidism.

Have you had your thyroid checked? If I am not on my medicine, it costs $4, I get tired and have a hard time functioning. I would have it checked. It makes all thie difference for me!

You've received some excellent advice. Start with your doctor, a complete physical and lab work, it could be a number of things that can be treated so the sooner you find out the sooner you can hopefully get over the fatigue.

1 / 3