Eyeliner and Mascara

So I feel pretty ridiculous asking this question, but here goes. About an hour after i put on my eyeliner and mascara, it starts to smudge and starts making me look like a racoon! I don't know if it's the mascara that does it or the eyeliner. I use Maybelline Greal Lash mascara (pink tube with green top) and Loreal Pencil Perfect eyeliner. What are you guys using that stays put all day? I'd prefer it to be something I can get at Target (or even Ulta) just to make life easier for me rather than going to a mall to get it. I don't use makeup remover, so it's not that it's greasy from that. Any tips would be great! I'm tired of using my finger as a makeup remover when I look in the mirror and having no liner on my bottom lid half the time!

I LOVE bare esentules(cant spell) but you can get it at Ulta. I use Mary Kay eye liner and it stays really well

Hey-S., I know that you have a bunch of responses-but I use Max Factor mascara. I have for 10 years and I love it. The only place I have found it is at Walmart. Looks like you git a bunch of great advice! Have a super day!

Hi! I absolutely love Mary Kay eyeliner and for years I have used Cover Girl Professional mascara. They both stay put all day!

I don't know if you're familiar with Arbonne's products, but they have a great make-up primer that helps keep all your make-up on and from smudging. Also--I learned from a professional make-up artist to make sure you don't put foundation on your eyelids. That will only make it smudge more.

N.

If you dust your eyelid and lashes lightly with loose powder, apply eyeliner, then dust with powder again before adding mascara, your makeup should stay put. I didn't believe how well this could work until I tried it!

I used to have the same problem. I am a Mary Kay consultant and I use the eye makeup remover. It is not oil based. I don't get the same smudges. I use the concealer and the foundation under my eyes and they are not oily. Usually the top lids have more oil and under the eyes are more dry. I use a Q tip to get rid of smudges after they dry. Not sure if that helps.

This started happening to me too.
I switched to a waterproof mascara (Maybelline or Cover Girl)and after I apply my eyeliner, I go over it with a similar color eyeshadow that I apply with a thin slanted brush. The powder of the eyeshadow "sets" the eyeliner. I also go really light on the lower lashes and the eyeliner on my bottom lid and I only line the outer corner on the bottom. The new mineral eyeshadows are great. They really stay put. AND, they sell them at Target!!
One more thought is that if you are applying the liner to bare skin.... it could possibly be your moisturizer. Try a nude base of mineral eyeshadow before your liner.
Hope this works for you!
D

It's probably the eye liner. The mascara you use is the kind all make-up artists use. See if you can find a waterproof eye liner.

Check out Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals. They sell it at Ulta. YOu can also order online or when they have a show on QVC. The eyeliner is all loose powder and you put it on with a brush--either wet or dry. TONS of fun colors and stays on really well. Their mascara is great too! I am and have been a faithful user of this brand for many years and wouldn't use anything else. Good luck!!!

I'm sorry I didn't have time to read the responses so I don't know if anyone mentioned this one or not, but I use Mary Kay mascara an liner. Both are great! In fact this last weekend I had to use a substitute liner and I had the racoon eyes also, does not happen to me with the mary kay stuff. Their liner also goes on the smoothest and easiest out of others that I have tried.

1 / 3