Does It Bother You When Bra Straps Stick Out?? Yours or Otherwise??

Ok I was wondering does it bother you when you see a womans bra strap or part of their bra strap? Im not talking tube tops and straps out but just a small amount that sticks out or possibly does not fit all the way under the sleeves of a summer shirt. Do your bra straps ever show? I have a couple of shirt that I have for the summer where a very small amount of strap shows and a older friend of the family said oh we didnt show our bras back in my day. So I was wondering is it really so bad ?? Im seriously only talking a very small amount which does not bother me personally at all to show a small amount or see someone elses straps either. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the answers ladies !! I try to keep my straps in it does not always work this way. I have tried a bra with clear straps but it was so dang uncomfortable I couldnt stand it. It seems harder to keep the straps in the bigger the girls are.. lol. As for the underwear sticking out I cant stand it, I work with a couple of girls who I call the butt crack twins I have seen more of their butts than I care to. ; )

No it does not bother me.

Some even wear white t-shirts, with a black bra underneath, to show it or they don't even mind.

Regardless, it really does not bother me.

What I find gross, is when a woman's Thong underwear.... is peeking out atop her pants band.

Back in the 70's they didn't show their bra straps because they didn't wear bras!!! lol
Mine show. I would rather that people see a little bra strap poking out then a bit of boob.

It used to bother me
Now it doesn't
If I have a business meeting I just toss a jacket or sweater on to cover up

Society has relaxed its "dress code" enormously in the past decade. Bras are no longer taboo. :)

Well, I think it depends on the occasion.

If you are at a formal party or a wedding or a job interview or something like that, you don't want a bra strap showing.

If you are at the beach, at your backyard, or at home, no problems at all. Bra straps all the way out! ;-)

If you are at a family gathering, shopping or a coffee shop, some bra strap is OK (like the shirts you described).

Just my opinion.

ADDED: The above is for others. On me, I do not want/like any bra straps showing.

I have sloping shoulders and my bra straps nearly always show at least some in sleeveless garment. Used to bother me a great deal. I've gotten used to it, almost. I'd rather they didn't show.

some bras have clear straps. I'd buy that style but they don't come in my size.

I bought those butterfly looking plastic hooks to fasten onto your bra straps in the middle of the back. Do not work! Bra straps are not long enough.

I think that young women can carry off bra straps showing quite well most of the time. Doesn't bother me. In fact I seldom notice. But when the woman is matronly and wearing a traditional bra i sometimes say yuk internally. lol

I don't want to be cliche and say "it's generational"... however, I know that this is one thing that bothers me about *me*. I grew up when bras were kept out of sight...oh, until Madonna in the 80s, and then we were still slightly scandalized while loving it at the same time. (I was a teen then.)

I don't feel put together when my bra straps are peeking out too much, the outfit just doesn't feel "finished", no matter how casual it is. Funny, though, if it's on someone else, I don't really give it too much thought. We all have our own comfort levels, and it's kind of funny those sorts of things that do/don't bother me.

No it does not bother me.

It used to bother me
Now it doesn't

I'm with your older friend. It's called underwear for a reason. The style of camisoles (formerly known as underwear) being worn as shirts bothers me even more.

This is the first time anyone has ever asked and I've been able to vent to someone other than my teenage daughters. Thank you for that! :)

It only bothers me when it's showing, and there is no way it naturally would be. My husband worked with a lady whose bra strap was ALWAYS showing. She could be wearing a sweater, and somehow it would be pulled off her shoulder to show her strap. Her bra strap would even show with button down dress shirts. She seemed to think it was sexy. I don't know if a 52 year old woman purposefully showing her bra straps, could ever be considered sexy!!

I also hate when the thong is hanging out. It just looks...trashy.

1 / 3