3Rd Grader with Training Bra?

What age to start? At least 3 have them out of 10. It seems young. She does NOT want one.

Thanks moms.

Depends on how developed she is. If she is too small to fit a real bra then maybe an undershirt or sports bra is enough for now. I definitely remember some girls in elementary school who needed a bra for a long time before they got one. If you have a kid that is a B or C cup and still bouncing around in just a t-shirt they will get some unwelcome attention.

My daughter, who is in 3rd grade, got a bra this year for comfort and also because she was starting to develop. The bra is a thin one and helps "smooth" her so her breasts aren't as obvious. I can't remember how we decided she needed one - I think I suggested it.

If she physically needs one, 3rd grade is not too early. If she doesn't need one, it's too early. Start when she needs one, and feels modesty is an issue.

I would think when they have something to "train" is the right time! LOL

I teach third grade and you'd be surprised at the amount of girls starting to develop early these days. I think if a young girl is starting to develop and there is a possibility of seeing through her shirt, a training bra is the right thing to do. This is on of those things that depends on maturity and development, not age. Some girls will need them young, others won't need anything for many years. When my lil girl starts to develop I will be sure to get her a training bra and teach her modesty and it will not be age dependent, rather dependent on her development.

If she doesn't want one, then don't get her one. My daughter had a "training" bra the summer after 2nd grade (7yr old) because she needed one. It actually wasn't a 'training' bra, because that term insinuates that it only serves the purpose of getting the girl used to the bra. My daughter had a padded sports bra because she was getting teased at school and was 'showing' through her t-shirts. I am having a hard time fitting her in bras that aren't adult bras now and she is only 10 - will be 11 in August.

Unless she decides she wants one - for whatever reason - I don't think there is a need, unless she looks inappropriate without it.

My third grader now owns a couple of cotton camisole/bralettes. This came about because she was trying on tops and some "showed through". She wasn't happy at first about my suggestion, but then tried some on and agreed. She doesn't wear them very often, but under some tops, it's a good idea. The stretchy comfortable cotton ones, I think, are good for young girls to get used to wearing.

I don't think this is about "wanting" one, but who kinda needs one. My daughter is big for just-turned 9, 80+ lbs and 57", wears a size 14, and is starting to develop breasts. I didn't own a bra, even a stretch cotton one, until I was 14 and then didn't really need one.

Totally with Denise. Why make her grow up faster is A. She isn't ready for it physically. 2. Isn't wanting one emotionally.
No point. It would probably sit in drawer.
Plus I would just skip the trainers, and just go with a sports bra. That's what I had and it worked well.

I wanted a training bra in fourth grade because my friend had one. I absolutly didn't need one but I begged for months and my mom finally bought me one. I hated it..lol I still hate bras but now after 3 kids NEED one..oh the good old days when I didn't need a bra! Just wait for her to want one or when she starts developing I guess. I have 3 boys so I won't have to go through this.

1 / 3