Do I Need to Give My Cleaning People Xmas Gifts?

Do I need to give my cleaning people Xmas gifts? There are 3 people who come in a team to clean my house...they work for a small company where the lady has 7 employees...the lady who owns the company is on my cleaning team...Thanks

If yes, what should I get them??

the "rule" for cleaning people is one cleaning job worth of money. I would give it in cash for them to split up as they want, usually the head person gets a bit more of the bonus.

Yes, you should give them a Christmas gift. I would imagine it should be a percentage of the typical cleaning fee. I would go with the "Cash is King" theory. A card with a nice note, and some cash. I would not go the gift card route with them or buy them some small gift. They would definitely appreciate the cold,hard cash!

Giving the cleaning lady a bonus of the normal rate of pay is appropriate. I pay $80 a cleaning and give her $160 at Christmas. I liked the idea others have of splitting it into envelopes for each person, that is a nice idea.

I would give them the cash of one cleaning to split, but I would divide it equally among them and give them seperae envelopes as the head person is the owner, and she likely gets more money than the workers anyhow. If cash feels impersonal, a manicure or pedicure gift certificate is most always appreciated by people who are on their feet all day getting their hands dirty.

We have a similar set-up and do give giftcards.

I would do something small. A gift card for lunch at someplace like subway or a gas card but nothing really big. I always give christmas gifts to the mailman and garbage man so I would do the cleaning lady too.
sherry

if you do..... go to www.scentsy.com/springgrovecandles and get the plug in warmers with 'clean breeze' scented bars. They are awesome and everyone likes a great smelling house!

1 / 3